Sunday, February 1, 2009

Valentines for teachers and little Mai tai..











I had two blogging friends ask me to make gifts for them for other people...Jean asked for three valentines for her grandchildrens teachers...Two of them are done and I am posting pictures. The pink toned one is fabric paper that I made and an image from Paper Whimsy. I like the fabric paper ruffle a lot. I used hot pink felt to back it and hide the seams. It says "For teacher". which you can see if you click and get a big version. The second is layered papers with this adorable Valentine Kewpie doll image from Kristin at Retro Cafe Art Gallery...Her collage sheets are so fun...this one I backed with Fabric. I made ribbon hangers just for fun. Then there is little Mai Tai, the Pekingese... Her owner is an 87 year old woman who just had to put her fourteen year old baby to sleep. Anyone with pets just dreads that day. So, this is for her in remembrance of her best friend and the years they had together..She was a challenge for me...All that hair...I used lots and lots of thread and I got pretty close on the likeness....I guess the lady loves cheetah print and that darn Olivia got to it before I did....I found it cut and sewn into a little teddybear quilt. She cracks me up...I used a green velvet as an accent and then dupioni silk in green as the binding. It was fun to play with color combinations. I have had quite a few people ask me if I am going to sell these. After some thought I have decided that I am going to. I will open an Etsy store when I get moved...Speaking of moving, that lovely process starts tomorrow. I am going to go get boxes and start packing...Oh JOY!

7 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

Oh My Melinda, they are going to absolutely love them! I love them, you are so amazing! I can't wait to touch them, oh WOW!
Stop by my blog, I am having a giveaway (I know you are moving) but you might at least win the socks!
Hugs and more Hugs! We must meet before you leave Washington, some how!

Laurie said...

I love your blog! and your creations blow me away! You're one of my new favorites!
Laurie

Talking Horses Arts said...

What an awesome great job there Melinda!! Love them!!
Where you moving to girl???
Sorry if I mist that part....
Andrea.

Sherry said...

You did a wonderful job on the Valentines and the doggy piece. It is so sweet! I think you'll do wonderful selling these!! If everyone loves your work as much as I do you'll make a fortune!!! I just hope they all have a lot more money than I do!! Good luck with moving!

Sherry

Pearl said...

Hi Melinda... As always, AWESOME creations! So tickled that you'll be opening an Etsy Shop... I believe that you'll do well... I'll be thinking of you as you begin to pack and prepare for your move... it's all going to end up being Great!!
God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Anonymous said...

Great job!! Love these cute valentine cards...

Yarni Gras! said...

they are going to adore these!