Wednesday, February 6, 2008

little pieces of art......











I actually got four little pieces done today.....Andrews Auntie, bless her heart, came and got him today for an overnight stay so I could have a little time to myself. Liv was in school most of the day so it was a really great break from my normal routine...Or what has become normal anyway. I actually slept this afternoon.....by myself! What a treat! Then I read for a while, I just started a book called " the rise of Venus", and went for a walk with the dog...Tonight I went down to the dungeon to await "Project Runway" and made two postcards, a bottle cap pincushion and a fabric atc with a paper image....It doesnt get much cooler than this folks....The little pincushions rock! I think it' s so sweet looking, just like a little cupcake and it really is made using a soda bottle cap...Amazing what people think of...I normally will handsew NOTHING, but this is just plain fun. I am going to get some little tiny cupcake papers and put them in the papers....Why? Cause it would be cute, I think....The postcards are for a swap...They are "something with L" cards.....Lemon lime florals are what I am calling them...I just doodled with neocolor crayons and my sewing machine and they evolved....I like em, nothing fancy....Now off to bed! Again, by myself, oh bliss!

4 comments:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Melinda - I love your tiny little pincushion! It looks much better than the one I tried to make! Love your other work as well! You always amaze me! Marva

Anonymous said...

I love your fabric fruity goodness! The colors are very juicy!

Helen in the UK said...

Love your zesty PCs - very cool that you just 'doodled' them by paintstick and machine!! Really looking forward to being the new owner of the courageous heart ATC :)

Anonymous said...

Melinda, 1st I am so glad you have Olivia back but sorry you are going through all the headaches to get to keep her. It's sad. So big hugz for you. I love all your new art. The pincushion is sooooo cute. Great colors. The cupcake papers sound like a sweet addition. I also like your recipe books. They turned out very neat. Your lemons are yummy. Been seeing that kind of art in CPS. They are gorgeous. Never heard of neo colors before. I think they are very fancy though. Hugz, Scary