Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Another altered book.....



This is the cover for my altered book this year...It revolves around recipes that you build your theme around. I had fun doing the cover for it and have done the two inside pages as well, but they are drying yet......I started by scrunching up all kinds of papers and using diluted glue to make a base. then I gesso'd it and painted the chef lady over it...well, trial by error once again. I used some paper that had a waxy finish......it does not work at all....I would paint and pieces kept popping off the page, darn it. the good news is you can scrape it all off and start over. It is a good thing I enjoy crumpling and gluing.....I am looking forward to doing a Marie Antoinette themed layout with a cake recipe for "let them eat cake"....It is just such a great line even though the poor girl never really said it. Now on to better things....Project runway is on tonight...Yipeee! I hope Chris March gets to the finale over Rami and all his draping nonsense.....I got over draping and polyester a long time ago.....sheesh.....I better go take more cold medicine so I am up for the show!..cough cough

1 comment:

Heather Robinson said...

Love, love, love all of your crumpling and trial and error. The end result is spectacular. Your theme is very inspiring too....can't wait to create for your book.