Friday, May 11, 2007

Elvis, cooper and a mobster....







I got quite a bit done this evening....Feeling a sense of accomplishment here! Yay! First of all the mobster.....this is one of my people for the vintage yearbook swap. I showed you the before and after portrait and now I have him matted too and his biography...On the original mat he was written in as mystery boy, so I kind of ran with that...He is from the class of 1938, from Gardner, Mass. Here is a bit about him to tie in with his new life because he was tired of being a mystery...His name is Jonny Carbone and he came to Gardner from Italy in 1937 to further his education and learn about American business. His uncle sponsored him and enrolled him in school. He was very quiet because of his heavy accent and so was named in his yearbook, "Most mysterious boy of '38"...After high school, with his uncles help, he opened a laundry, within a few years he had a chain of them, making his family very proud....At his drycleaners, they were cleaning more than just shirts however. He married a bride by proxy from Italy and had two children. In the 70's after a falling out with the uncle, he sent his wife and kids back to Italy with him soon to follow. The dry cleaners were sold and Jonny disappeared...some say back to Italy, others are certain that he is fish food at the bottom of a large body of water.....how is that for a portrait speaking to me? I have to make 38 total of these and 38 of a girl portrait......I just paint while I watch tv...now that I have it figured out, I am enjoying the process.



I am also posting two of my Elvis postcards that I talked about last night. While I was taking pictures, Cooper my yellow lab came in and jumped on the twin bed I keep in there...he looked so pathetic and cute, I held my arm out and took a picture of us...This once again is brave of me because I have been sick and have no make up on but oh well, this is my life! This is my 130 lb dog that thinks he is a chijauja...haha , I have no idea how to spell this but you get my drift.



I also made a "Fire and a Water" atc for the four elements challenge...I really like doing this freeform kind of stuff...I free motioned in the flames on the fire, but it is a little bit hard to see...

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

Love the picture of you with Cooper! I have a Golden Retriever called Trevor.
Fabulous new Elements ATCs too :)