Monday, May 14, 2007

An altered book on WINGS....




This is for my "color me silly" group, and the book is for Sondra Caserio. Her theme is wings and she altered a book on birds. I actually had a real hard time with this one. Not that I don't love birds, I just felt stumped and then I saw this piece of fabric in my local quilting store! AWWW, sweet inspiration. It is the batik with the big flower on the left side. It just looked like it needed butterflies so that is how it started. I tried to draw and paint and sew them but they were so small that I couldn't get details.......It is titled, "flutter bye, Oh butterfly, an ode to family.....and it isn't purple! OR PINK!!!!!! I am glad it is done! I really like it, and wasn't sure if I would.....now to pass it on and wait for the next one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these pages and especially the bright colors. I was using antiquing walnut or beige for too long and need to get going with more color!