Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Three dogs and Gnome Homes.

I finished Deb's quilted portrait of her three Jack Russel's...They are so cute and were fun to do. The hard part is always the time thing. When I am working time just inches by and then I get a day off and the clock goes triple time. I just hate that. So it is done and now I have to figure out how to mail it!








White animals are very hard....It is really hard to get any dimension, but I think I captured them....I think.



I also finished my Gnome home swap for Gin. This was the theme for our Year of Enchantment Swap this month.











A little house with a dangling gnome.











She loves hair things so I made her a fabric headband with a detachable bow out of reproduction fabric....I love this headband. I found the pattern in a Better Homes and Gardens quilting magazine. I also found some enchanted chocolate bugs and a little mushroom charm. Everyone can always use a little chocolate, right?













Just for fun, I made some altered home magnets too...houses? homes? you get the idea...They are kind of heavy for the magnets but I still like them.
So now I should do some laundry and clean my bunny cage but instead, I think I am going to go back to bed for a while before work....Have a great day!

23 comments:

Barb said...

You have done such fun things...those dogs are just awesome!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on those doggies! And i love your gnome and gnome house!

Needled Mom said...

Those dogs are incredible. You really did capture dimension in them and that gnome home is waaaay too cute!!!

gin said...

i love those doggie prints. they look so real. and that gnome home and other beautiful things are mine!
Thanks Melinda!

Jen xo said...

so lovely to se all the wonderful things you are making Melinda. love the little gnome home and gnome....:) im hearing you about the time thing too...

Jenny said...

You're amazing. Both your projects are incredible! Nice to see you're creativity is back to normal!

Pat said...

That dog quilt is amazing!!! As for mailing it, sometimes you can go to mailing places and buy tubes in which things can be mailed. It might be gentler to roll the piece up for mailing than to fold it. Your work is wonderful!!!

Laurie said...

The dog pictures are awesome Melinda, I know I cherish mine! All your work turned out so precious, their new owners will be thrilled I'm sure! Did you see the post on my chickens?

jillytacy said...

Wow you certainly captured the dogs, that looks amazing! The gnome home is adorable!!

Julie Harward said...

All your things re so cute and amazing! (The turtle on the side bar made me laugh out loud!) ;D

Maria said...

Great dog portrates. Lovely gnome house too.
The turle on your side bar gave me a fright. LOL

Helen in the UK said...

Looks like you've done a great job with the dogs ... they've each got a personality to their look! Also adore the gnome home :)

Angela said...

Your dog quilt is amazing I'm sure it will be treaured. And I am in love with your little gnome house sooooo cute!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Melinda,
I
LOVE
THE
QUILT!
It looks just like them!!
I am so THRILLED! You are a wonderful artist!
Can't wait to get it!
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!
Warmly,
deb

Yarni Gras! said...

beautiful work on the Jack Russell quiltie...and the gnome homes are AWESOME!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Your dog portrait is amazing!!!! And your gnome home is so cute!!! Love your headbands! Glad to see you're back to blogging! :D

Quiltingranny said...

Amazing as always my friend, the Jack Russels are beautiful. We are okay over here!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie...
another quilt that is so cool!!!
i recognized Deb's 3 babies right away...especially Sweet Pea =)

sitting here @ 5 a.m. laughing hysterically at that turtle on your sidebar...

looks like you are keeping busy and getting your creative juices flowing...love all your stuff!!!

BEAR HUGS xxx
~victoria~

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Melinda ~
This is so delightful! First the gnome home ~ darling and then the quilt ~ magnificent! You are so talented gal!

Rachel said...

I love the dog quilt, Melinda. You really captured Deb's pups well.

You do such sweet work.

Laurie said...

Wow - cute gnome home!

Jo said...

love the quilt but that gnome home has stolen my heart ... totally adorable!

Sandy Ang said...

Your gnome home is so wonderful. From the colours to the combination of patterns. Your swap partner is so lucky !