Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers day and great mail...

Our bbq was so much fun....We all had a great time and the food was really good....I found a recipe for the best fresh fruit salad. I will definitely make it again and I will take a picture and post the recipe. I was so excited to have everyone over and I didn't even have any expectations of gifts..Don and I both got spoiled! It was all a surprise....








Cards from my kids, one of them had a Joanns gift card in it!






pink roses from Don and a cyclamen from my friend Angela...The roses are a little worse for wear, I put them out on the picnic table and the sun got to them. Still, to me they are beautiful! Lisa got me a big yard ornament that are longhorns to hang up on the outside of our trailer...I guess when she bought them everyone teased her at Loews about buying them for me for Mothers Day....and the best present of all?













My little miniature bunny Donalds.....He is the cutest little thing I have ever seen and he just loves to be held.....He is my present from the little kids but the big kids did ask first. When I was a kid myself, I always had a pet rabbit. They are really fun!
I also have gotten some cool stuff in the mail the last few days.......










some retro pinup fabric that I am going to use to make my apron for the pin up Hot Mama apron swap......








I got all the fabric to make a quilt for the "No sew red white and blue swap"...Cecilia is the hostess and she also sent this cute little quilt charm....You will be seeing the blocks as I make them. There are some really cute fabrics and it is all going to look wonderful in my trailer!










Then I received my Enchanted for a year ornament swap from Jenny...I posted about my package for her earlier...The theme was songbirds...She sent me Christmas ribbon and jingle bells, a sweet little pair of bird earrings on a glittered star, two vintage bird ornaments and a vintage paper ornament and a bird composition book...Isn't it all fun? I have really enjoyed these packages every month and I have quite the enchanted collection happening! Thanks Jenny for the goodies, I love them.






I also got this sweet little charm pack in the mail...I won it on Jamie's blog!
http://modifiedmix.blogspot.com
I cant wait to use it to make up something cute....I am thinking about a table runner...She is also hostessing the pillow swap that I am in....Thanks so much Jamie.
I have the kids again today. Yesterday I had the day off and we worked in the yard. I also made lined cowgirl curtains, turned one of the cabinet doors in the trailer into a ribbon bulletin board and I made a fabric banner for above the cupboards...Today I am going to finish the curtains....I hope.....I still have to quilt the quilt, but it will get there....It is all a labor of love so it makes it fun! Have a great day everyone....

13 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, you made out like a bandit. Your kids really know how to spoil you. What will you do with your new pet bunny when you go camping?

Looks like you are going to be busy with swaps. And all those goodies you got in the mail made it a banner mail day (couldn't resist the pun).

Jenny said...

Oh happy days! What fun and joy for you! I'm excited for you!

Barb said...

How fun for you!!! What great gifts ...

Patty said...

your bunny is so cute. we had one i used kept at work(teacher) but then brought it home only to find out that my husband was deathly allergic so unfortunately I had to find a home for him. Glad you had a great mother's day. I'm dying to see picture of you finisher trailer.

Julie Harward said...

What a bunch of fun gifts! And I love your sweet little bunny...so cute! And the roses..how pretty... Come say hi :D

Yarni Gras! said...

wonderful goodies and flowers! I love cyclamen :-)
That bunny is TOO CUTE.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Donald is AdoRaBLe!!

Jamie said...

Glad to see that the charm pack arrived. I can't wait to see what you do with it! Have fun! Cute bunny!

Maria said...

Oh my goodness you got so many wonderful gifts and goodies in the mail.Have fun making the projects out of them and enjoy your bunny.

Jen xo said...

what an adorable rabbit,we alays had them as pets too but they die out here from a virus infecxted from mozzies .
spoilt with all your pressies , im dying to see this trailer... jenxo

Little Messy Missy said...

Don't you just love going to your mail box!!!
xoxoxo

Lorraine said...

wow look at that bundle of fun..so cute

Beeshebags said...

You lucky girl....I've just started to buy Moda Charm squares...have a couple of different ones, but would love more. My friend has just designed a quilt that uses two charm packs.....the one you won would look great in it....might have to search around and buy some now...lol Congrat's on the win. Hugs Naomi