Saturday, May 16, 2009

A lesson in Humility and new aprons.....




First of all, the humility part....Let's say you are a quilter and you think a pretty good one...Along comes this huge behemoth quilt that taunts you every day, laughing behind your back, snickering while you try to ignore it....The rule for this quilt is "if it can go wrong it is going too..." Finally I accepted that "it is what it is" and finished the thing. All I have to do is the binding and it is done. It is really pretty but boy is it a technical nightmare. If you came to my house, and you are any kind of a quilter...I would not show you this quilt...I have learned a lesson...Never try to put a quilt that is too big for the frame on a quilter...by too big, I mean it stretched all the way from end to end leaving nor room to do things like change bobbins....lesson learned..yep, humility...I was sure I could do it. In the "mommy and me swap Liv and I got the cutest aprons...I mentioned them a while back. I tried to pin down Miss Olivia to get a picture of us in them, but she is now a socialite and every moment is with her friends and of course, I wouldn't want to embarrass her!!!!So you get a picture of me holding Liv's and a picture of Cooper and Andrew and I...I am trying to get Coop out of the picture but he insisted...The aprons are the cutest things and totally reversible...They are a diamond shape with ribbon ties...so cute and I love the colors! She also sent liv a fairy necklace which she has never taken off, this adorable fairy cookbook and this cute card...I am always complaining about my curly hair so it is all just perfect! A big thank you to Cindy B from http://barker-family.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! I am so happy you have 'ONE,' of those quilts as well. Yes, doing the happy dance, I am NOT the only one that had a quilt like this. Oh Melinda, I love your ability to make me smile!

Tamerie Shriver Halliday said...

I love the card! I have one on my bulletin board that says: How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair? As with most things, we always seem to want what we don't have. I want straight hair and the only way to get it is to flat iron it, which takes about an hour. But I love the way it looks and the way it feels. I digress. I am happy to hear that you've almost finished the beast. I am certain that even an experienced quilter would appreciate all the work that went into it. I hope you plan to post a shot of it when it's completely done.

Hugs

Lorraine said...

I am also wondering what this beast is going to look like..for a moment I thought you had turned it into aprons. Love the fairy cookbook isnt she thoughtful. Thanks for the comment on my lutradur page

JennaLouiseCreates said...

Melinda I enjoy your postings so much. Oh I have some of those projects you just have to get over and be done with:) It's part of being who we are:) Lovely aprons:) Jenna Louise

Sherry said...

The quilt looks beautiful, but I understand nightmare projects. The kids are getting so big!

Sherry