Sunday, March 15, 2009

Easter Eggs and a trip to the zoo....





Yesterday was just beautiful here so we all took a trip to the Hogel Zoo. It was baby's first visit, so that was kind of fun seeing his reaction. It is a really nice little zoo. My favorite as always are the orangutans. I could sit and watch them play all day. My brother in law Steve is in the air force and has done two tours in Iraq so he has a hard time being indoors with a lot of people. We just kind of moved on through. Sometimes I forget that he has probably seen some pretty horrible things. I think we all do, thinking this war is somehow easier on these soldiers than ones in the past. Andrew's favorite thing about the day was "the elepants" Olivia's was buying a stuffed cheetah with her own money and seeing a live cheetah and little Jace liked it all. I have slowly been putting things away and getting organized. My craft room is now done and to celebrate and christen it, I made some Easter Eggs for a swap that Jenna Lee at http://artrageousafternoon.blogspot.com is hosting. I had so much fun, I felt like a new person! My sister Julie came down and she played with us too....She is new to crafting but really likes it. It is good to be back and able to create....

11 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

Hmmm, great idea for Easter cards, you are a doll!

Lorraine said...

love that middle pic with the sunglasses..what a cutie and your fabric easter eggs are cool

Tamerie Shriver Halliday said...

Your Easter eggs are so bright and pretty.

Margaret said...

Great to see you crafting again Melinda! I know just where you're coming from on this one, I so miss it when other things in life take over. Love the Easter eggs, very inspiring!

Talking Horses Arts said...

I am so happy for you that everything is working out like this!!
Love the eggs....
Andrea.

Pearl said...

Adorable
Eggs...

Even More
Adorable
Children ♥

So good to hear you say that you feel like a new person! Hope the rest of the week goes well for you...
God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

~*~Patty S said...

Great to see you creating again, your eggs are fabulous. My fav is the little girl with bunny ears and whiskers = FunFunFun!

Enjoyed reading about your zoo adventure too. I get choked up when I see military men/woman (I want to start clapping), their sacrifice is something I think we at home may never quite fathom, hugs and thanks to your brother oxoo

~*~Patty S said...

and did I say what precious children you have.....but you already know that :)

Elizabeth Golden said...

Oh Melinda everything sounds like it is starting to work out for you and the kids. That is so wonderful. I love your eggs and charms, and just the fact that you are at a place that you can create. This is such a good thing. Off to read some more in your blog.

Sherry said...

I love your Easter Eggs!! You sound so happy!! Yay!

Sherry

Kimberly said...

I received one of your eggs in the Artrageous Afternoon Easter Egg Banner swap! I really was amazed by the meticulous attention to detail and all the great materials you used on the egg. I just posted about the swap and wanted to come over and say thank you for the lovely egg you made!