Sunday, September 23, 2007

kitty quilt done!











And shown complete with a little troll on it! The troll is Andrew, enjoying his sisters new quilt. She is in bed and he is not, the stinker. He has gotten in the habit of staying up with me until I go to bed. I do have to say that it is earlier than it used to be! He wears me out! I went in and wrapped this around Olivia...She will get to wake up to her new kitty quilt. She has been so anxious for it to be done, I know she will be thrilled. I am also posting a picture of my "ocean jewels" spread in the altered book I did the other night and a quilted handbag that I made tonight using Christmas fabrics....It is going to be a store sample for a while. It was funny, because the directions said to bind the seams and I had no clue that you could even bind seams....the edge of a quilt, yes but a seam? I had to refer to my singer sewing basics book and by gosh, you can bind a seam. I am learning new things all the time. I have the cold? flu crud courtesy of Andrew and was in bed all day....I am surprised I got anything done at all! I finished the binding on the quilt while I was talking on the phone to Sanna.....I am turning into a multitasker I guess. It is that, or get nothing done at all!

4 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Oh - the pink kitty quilt looks wonderful! Bet Olivia was overjoyed when she woke up and found it. Love the bag too :)

Anonymous said...

Melinda I adore your pages for Else. Wonderful work.

Debby

Heather Robinson said...

Oh, I always love stopping by and seeing what you've been doing! The pages for the Ocean Jewel book are gorgeous....as is all of your fabric work. Looking forward to working with you again next year!

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

Gorgeous quilt. I wish I could do that! It looks so soft and beautiful, you are so creative and you work fast too!