Thursday, June 21, 2007

Another bird atc and a little yellow birdie...




I made these both for Judy Spencer. She is the one that made me the little blue birdie that I love. Mine wont hang straight no matter how many beads I put on it so I left it plain....I figure she can make it into a magnet or a pin....The atc is another one using the fabric/paper she made and sent me....I hope she likes it!


Today on the island the weather was very strange...It was pouring and cold then steamy and hot and now it is cold and the wind is blowing...I have changed clothes about four times....My flowers are growing gangbusters now though so I love that.


I have also been working on finishing the quilt that I posted a while back with the green and white and Asian fabrics....I bought some beautiful gold that has paper lanterns on it for the final border. It is getting there. I am going to do some fancy feathery quilting on it too I think. It may end up being entered in the fair too, I am not sure yet....So many projects and now my job at the sewing store! It is nice to be busy though...plus at the store I get to see all the things people are making and see all the new fabrics....coolness....

3 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Great new projects - lots of fun! I often think a job in a sewing store would be heaven on earth .... but then seeing all the stuff that you couldn't or shouldn't have might be hell too?!?!

Heather Robinson said...

These are fabulous bird pieces, Melinda! Each so different yet inspiring. Great beadwork on the top one. And you know birds!!

Judy said...

I love them.. I can hardly wait to hold them in my hot little hands..You did a great job...I may have to look at that fabric paper I made again !!