Tuesday, August 3, 2010

For the birds........

I have been staying busy the last couple of days, just trying to pull myself together and adjust to one more change...I actually am doing ok. I thank you all my friends, for your support and emails....Art and sewing are good therapy...Don and I also went for a long motorcycle ride yesterday and then he took me to lunch..Being outside always helps my spirits.
I am in an mixed media art group and we had a birdhouse magnet swap so I made these today....Sometimes it is fun to play with paper and glue and paint...I like how they turned out....I am sending these three and getting three in return. They look really cute on the refrigerator.






A few days before the kids left, I also got a Vintage Vacation package in the mail from Angelina of Angelinascards.blogspot..... I feel bad it took me so long to post this, but things have been kind of crazy. I sent her the vintage mermaid bag and things...It is funny, cause we both went with blue and the beach...










It is always so fun to get other people's work...Especially when it is different than anything I make. Angelina's cards are really beautiful. She made me tags, a package of pink notecards with a retro beach beauty, a shell wreath and a delicate little crepe paper tree...She also sent me two candles and a candleholder....It all goes so well with my mermaid package that I won from Holly about a week ago! I have it all together in our bedroom and it is so pretty...A little taste of home here in Utah. Here is a close up of the tree....










I have made some other things too, but they are works in progress so I will save them for later...Tonight I am going to work on a pincushion...I got some really fun fabrics to mix and match..Thanks again everyone! I appreciate you!

15 comments:

Barb said...

I am glad that you feel better today....a little craft therapy is always good.

Pat said...

I'm glad you are keeping busy....just take it one day at a time and remember this saying: The past is history, the future is a mystery, but today is a gift and that's why it's called the present. That kind of thinking can get us through some serious bumps in life, my friend!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Melinda,
I am so sorry that the past few days have been hard ones.
Keeping good thoughts for you all.
I agree, making things does one good.
Deb :)

Jen xo said...

Hi Melinda, its good to see you feeling a bit better, we just meed time out sometimes.....

love you birdcage magnets and the wonderful goodies you recieved. the tree is wonderful,jenxo

Needled Mom said...

I'm glad you are able to busy yourself with creative fun. The magnets are just fabulous!

Mandy said...

good to see you crafting...ove your litte magnets...xxx

Jane said...

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better, having things to do for other people helps. Someone is going to be very happy with those magnets. That tree you received is amazing!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Those magnets are adorable. They are really colorful. I would be delighted to own one if I were in that swap.

Trudy said...

Your husband sounds very sweet and supportive.

I love the birdhouses.

Trudy
www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com &
www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com

Yarni Gras! said...

such fabulous work! Enjoy your time with you hubby...he sounds wonderfully supportive!

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you have that supportive fella in your life.

Prayers continue for you, sweetie.

Lorraine said...

marvellous creations here..glad you are feeling better..hugs

Holly Loves Art said...

Happy to hear you are feeling better. LOVE these little works of art. They are so lovely.
Hugs,
Holly

Angela said...

Glad to hear you are doing ok. YOur bird magnets are BEAUTIFUL.

~*~Patty S said...

ooo Love the beach themes ... hard to get enough of that!

funny I just posted an official "thank you" from a swap in May! I have a couple more to do and then I will try to never let that happen again ... time just whizzes by

I so agree about nature helping me find my center, that and playing in my art cave ;)
oxo