Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Alice Apron done!

Wow! This apron theme was a fun one...My partner was Val the hostess of the Hot mama Alice in Wonderland apron swap..She received her package today so I can now show it all...
First of all, the necklace in the previous post was for her to match her apron. I was so flattered that she actually wore it to work today...I can't wait to see a photo of her wearing it and the apron...
The apron itself I just played and had fun with...A thread painted pair of legs, A whimsical painted and sewn Alice and a lot of rolled and burnt organza flowers...I didn't use a pattern just kind of let it happen, and the best part? I used remnants of things I had that were left over from other projects!












Here is a close up of the flowers and a tied key...








Now you can see how the necklace ties in....

Also I made a faux Alice cupcake and made up a little bottle of elixer for the "drink me" potion.












I have no idea who my partner is, and I am excited to see what "they" do with this theme...There are a lot of really creative people in this swap! Remember, "we are all mad here!"

23 comments:

Julie Harward said...

You are such an artist...you should be making some money on your creations! Really awesome! :D

Pam said...

Your apron is wonderful. You do such interesting things with your projects. She is a lucky lady to get all the goodies you made for her.

Trudy said...

That's the coolest apron I've ever seen!

Trudy
www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com &
www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Wow! That turned out really awesome! I love it!

Joanne Lendaro said...

You have way too much fun doing all of this!! Love the apron!!

PeggyR said...

Love it, love it, love it!

gin said...

fantastic! I love it too.

Little Lady Patchwork said...

I love the legs sticking out! I can't wait to see what your partner makes for you.

Whew...I am also glad that summer is over!
Stefanie

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

What a joyful, amazing apron! My favorite is the Cheshire cat tea pot!

Needled Mom said...

Fabulous apron. You are so clever.

Anonymous said...

Georgeous Melinda!!
I just saw this week the movie :)
Btw,I went to Amsterdam and managed to buy the right kind of stamps to start on your tags :)
Next week school starts again so I should have some more crafting time :)

Laurie said...

Wow Melinda, you have such an imagination and it really shows on this! What a great job!!
Your pillow is getting there, I'm hoping to have it done this week-end and posted on Monday. I'll let you know when it's going!
Have a great day!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Melinda you did a wonderful job on that gorgeous apron!! I bet it was hard to package up and ship out.

Kristin said...

WOWWOWOWOWO - you are SO talented! This should be in a magazine - I love all the details and just love your painted Alice face - you are amazing, Kristin xo

Yarni Gras! said...

I am madly IN LOVE with this....I really love it and wore it last night....but carefully so as not to mess it up!

Holly Loves Art said...

OH Melinda it's just absolutely wonderful!!! A real prize!
Thanks for sharing!
Holly

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's so good to see the completed piece. You put a LOT of work in it. I hope your swap partner appreciates it. I know I would.

Jen xo said...

oooooh what a rockin' apron, love it , so much work in it too...

Madelyn said...

Very creative Melinda. You are sooooo talented!!! This was one fabulous apron package.

The kat"s tale said...

Oh, I loved your apron for Val. I agree, this swap really brought out a creative tornado. Thanks for following me and good luck in the draw for the Alice Dress.

Sherry said...

I am "Mad" about your apron. So cool!

Sherry

Anonymous said...

Your work is so stunning. Great job!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh this is fabulous!!! I've been packing and decluttering, where did all this stuff come from???!!!! Had to take a blog-hopping break. Time to get back to work. One of these days I'll be able to get back to my art...