Tuesday, May 29, 2012

working on my get it done list!

I had a few hiccups lately and now I am playing catch up. I always try to set goals of projects that I want to do. One of the things I decided on in January, was I wanted to commit to making a wreath and runner for every month of the year. I am behind but still committed to several projects.....










As you can see, you cant keep a good woman down. I am making progress! First of all I finished April's table runner...I had the wreath done...you know, in April. So here is what the wreath looked like.






And TA Da..Here is the tablerunner.






And a little refresher....














I also put together my ochre' quilt block last night. I decided I like ochre. I am enjoying using colors that I wouldnt pick on my own. I think we all tend to lean towards the same color schemes....mine? black, white, red, pink and any brights...Not a Thimbleberries girl here.
Now to show you a little peek at my dining room makeover...re"did" furniture, new paint etc....Here is the table cover I made last night. Forget a tablecloth or a runner with placemats I made a "runner mat" I like it.









I will show the whole thing on another post. This is getting a little long winded....and I am going up to work on my May wreath...
Oh yeah I was invited to a new blog group....blog train...click on the link above right and look at it...I found several new blogs to follow and several people already found me...It is a cool place. xoxoxmelinda

8 comments:

Jan May said...

Blimey - you're keen! A wreath and runner for every month?

(I haven't even got any Christmas ones).

Lovely idea - my favourite is the easter one - probably because it's so twiggy and quirky. Plus I remember my son had the very same bunny which he carried around - gosh years ago - and still brings happy memories.

Maria said...

I agree you are really keen...
Oh and I do love the bunny one too...LOL
Take care.

Jo said...

Wonderful!!! It must feel fab to be back creating!!!

Jane said...

I like the new table cover, a great idea

Tania said...

Wow! You have been a busy lady! I love everything you've made! You clearly have a good eye for what works! The wreath is just darling! So glad you stopped by my blog, and so I find yours! I look forward to following here, and to see what you get up to! Tania ♥

Needled Mom said...

Those look fabulous. It is such a great idea too for decorating the house for the different holidays.

Yarni Gras! said...

love all these things you made. I love the combination on the table with the floral and stripe :-)

Laurie said...

so great that you're getting so much accomplished -- you put me to shame!