Thursday, May 17, 2012

too many projects!

I have been painting walls and refinishing furniture and it makes it hard to sew or make things. I am behind in a couple of things I am working on...half done things anywhere...
Just gonna share a couple of things first.
I was officially divorced on Friday and the judge ignored our agreement that we made and ordered more money from Don. He called me just screaming that I screwed him over....yes me.... and said he is going to fight it. I could hear his hag in the background screaming and calling me names...I need prayers guys...Things like this just send me over the edge...I just said to God, "this ones for you"...I cant handle it....

My dad also got married on the day I got divorced...I am happy for him because he is so happy. After losing my mom slowly over a two year period and watching his retirement savings go to medical bills he deserves to have someone to love and to have love him.









It was a happy day!

I do have one finished project to show you.... A baby quilt...
This is for my roommates nephew....I used a very light and soft fleece because it is so hot here. Also it makes it snuggly and easy for a little guy to drag around. I have had this Michael Miller panel for seven years. My grandma bought it for me. I just cut it apart and added fabric scraps....











I made the card with vintage baby images. Then wrapped it all up with love and tulle........This little baby has hip dysplasia and his little lower body is in casts so I figure a little love is needed too....








As these projects get done, I will post more...xoxoxx melinda

14 comments:

Shabby and Frills said...

Malinda,

I am happy to see you moving on you deserve it. Anything you can get from him. You are so talented and creative.
I hope we can get together soon. Really!!!

Jane said...

What a lovely bundle, I am sure they will appreciate both the card, and the quilt.

Unknown said...

Sending best wishes and kind thoughts at this time. I am confident that you can rebuild your life and 'move on'. You have more inner strength than you are aware of. You will rebuild your life and be happy again. Wonderful to see that you dad has found new love and companionship.

Barb said...

Sorry about the X....hang in there.

Wonderful about your dad.

Love the things you have done...don't you think it is food for the soul?

Sarah said...

Well I am glad to hear that the judge thinks that you deserve more money - here's hoping he actually pays up!

Next time he raises his voice to you down the phone please hang up hun. Tell him calmly at the beginning of any call that if he takes an aggressive tone you will end the call immediately and that he can call back when he is calm. You don't need to hear it.

In better news, Congratulations to your dad :)

roc said...

i bet your are happy for your dad. everyone benefits from loving some one and being loved. i'm sure your divorce is bittersweet - but i am happy that you can move forward as you can. i wish you all the best melinda. loved seeing your quilt and the card!

Laurie said...

I know you're glad to see the back of your ex -- don't worry about what the judge did; I'm sure he was just trying to be fair and it's out of your hands!!

Maria said...

Nice to be free and I am happy you got some more money too..

The baby quilt you made is gorgeous and I love the card too.

Hugz
Maria

Kristin said...

Hey there!

Awe, that is a lot of news! How interesting that your Dad remarried on the day of your divorce! Talk about coming full circle, right? Sorry about the hag. Bet that sucks. I am thinking of you and so happy that you have gotten around to a bit of sewing. Your new present is absolutely adorable!

(OH and please tell me you got the trailer!!!)
xoxoxo

Yarni Gras! said...

Bleep Don! hahaha the bast*** is getting what he deserves. Just Give It To God sweetie, he's gotcha covered.
As for your daddy, YAY!!!! I'm so happy for him.
I can't wait to see what other projects you've been up to. I am hoping to do a bit more over the course of the summer myself. Sending hugs, prayers and happy thoughts your way!!!

Jo said...

I love seeing you back creating, you have such a wonderful talent ... you have such a free spirited point of view with all of your art!!! I am so glad you are back!!!

Jen xo said...

i love that you are back creating too and you look so happy in that photo melinda :)

love your quilt and card and just hang up on your x, you dont need to listen to him ! maybe you should change your phome number ?

are you going to show some pics of your painting?

Patty said...

Congratulations to you Dad and his new bride. Happy Divorce to you, don't let him bully you, hang up the phone and let him deal with his own anger, he was the one who walked out not you. Praying for you.
Patty

Laurie said...

I'm sorry you're being put through more hell Melinda, just don't answer the calls, he'll get over it and you can move on. Just keep being you and bless that judge!