Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday with family and friends. My kids called me but it is hard to be alone. So I decided to be lazy and finished the last book of the Hunger Game series for the second time. Then I slept for two hours and played Cityville which I wish I had never started. I seem to have become obsessed with the darn thing. I started playing because Lisa (problem daughter) plays it and it was the only way to get her to talk to me....I could give her a gift and maybe get a message back from her. As long as she was on Cityville, I knew she was alive. I may have to go to Cityville rehab. It is a waste of productive time, but sometimes mindless things give my head a break. Anyone else play the facebook games?
Through my blog I have always paid a lot of tribute to my mom who was everything to me...I am reading back to see if there are posts (which I know there are ) to re share with anyone who is missing their mom today. Here is one..(They are sad...I have to warn you...but if you have lost your mom, you will get it.)

http://melindasfabricfancies.blogspot.com/2011/05/happy-mothers-day-all.html

http://melindasfabricfancies.blogspot.com/2010/01/is-for-angel-of-mercy.html


and the last one....

http://melindasfabricfancies.blogspot.com/2008/07/i-forgot-to-post-journal-pictures.html









So mom, you know you are in my heart always but especially today. I am thinking about your beauty from the inside and how you loved me and I love you right back. Sometimes I feel you around me and that is when I feel the happiest. I can't wait to see you again my precious mommy.......Here is your rose. I love you mom. xoxoxoxoxxo



So other than the reading and the sleeping I have been thinking of the things I didn't post about while I wasn't posting....
Remember the Easter dresses and Vests? I got pictures of the kids wearing them.












I got the vest pattern off the net and I had to laugh because it didnt take into account their round little tummies. So CJ got Jace's and I made a big size around but kept it the same length. He loved picking out the buttons.
The bow ties I just made....


Ava makes me laugh, Jace talks my ear off, and little Cj (my nieces son) is the best snuggler. Aren't they cute? I didn't make it over there so when I saw the pictures on facebook I had to post. There is more stuff but this is getting kind of long so I am going to save some for next time....Again Happy Mothers Day! xoxox melinda

10 comments:

Jen xo said...

Happy Motehrs Day melinda....loved your darling photos, they look so cute....fb games are good for when im stressed but ive weaned myself off them too....such a waste of time....im getting so much more done...:)

Joanne Lendaro said...

Happy Belated Mom's Day! Good to see you..loved the pics, the kiddo's are adorable!! I've gotten trapped in those games twice, thanks to the kids. Doing words with friends now, going to finish the games I've got going and quit! They can take up waaayyyy too much time, but you are right-they are a great de-stresser! lol! Good to see ya back!!

Pat said...

LOVE the photos of the little ones in their Easter finery...how nice of you to make those things for them! That is a pretty rose photo, too. Is it one from your garden??

Sherry said...

Love the dress and vests!! The kids look adorable. I can feel your pain with your mom since I lost my daddy last year. It's so hard and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him. Another thing to make me feel sad inside :( Unbearabley sad somedays. Anyway.....

Happy Mothers Day!!

Sherry

Jo said...

Happy Belated Mother's day to you!!! The kids in their Easter best are so cute! their little outfits turned out adorably!!! and Facebook games ... I used to be hooked on three of them ... got nothing done ... just made meals or decorated animals houses ... a total waste of time .... never again ...

roc said...

omg - those kids are adorable!!

Maria said...

The kids look fabulous in their gorgeous clothes you made them...Love the ties....
I am sure they put a big smile on your face.

Patty said...

Happy belated Mother's Day Melinda. Yes I play those mindless fb games too. The vest and the dress are adorable! Love that age.

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh they're so cute! Sounds like you had a relaxing Mother's Day, I did too, and I really enjoyed it! :D

Quiltingranny said...

These are just so darned cute! You are so great, truly you should open an Etsy shop!