Thursday, May 10, 2012

I am back.....

Thanks again so much for thinking of me....I am doing better and tryimg to make the most of each day! I got on the section eight list, found a place to go for counseling and a new Dr to help with medications. I try to get some sunshine on my face everyday. And I walk, a lot. My youngest daughter, Lisa who is an addict is doing better. She has been clean for a while now but the state won't let her see Trace. I think Trace's dad is in no way a better parent than Lisa but I don't have any say. I just try to give her positive reinforcement and to take things one step at a time. If she is clean, I would love to have her here for a while but so far, she just says she is coming and then never shows up. Andrew and Olivia are both doing good. One of the other things that had me really down was my oldest daughter was taking the kids (Daniel and Olivia) to Disneyland. There first trip there and she included me. I worried a lot that it would be too crowded or too much as far as my anxiety goes.Well, we went on the last day of April and got back a week later. I was so happy to see the kids that it helped a lot! Olivia was my special girl the whole time. She even rubbed my feet every night because she said I deserved it.....(WOW) It was Liv and Daniels first flight and they decided they liked it. I had moments here and there of anxiety but I kept it under control...Mainly because there were no lines or big crowds. We went to Disney, Sea world and Universal and not a line anywhere. It just was the perfect time to go. Olivia's favorite place was Sea World and Daniels was Universal. The Transformers ride had a preview opening the one day we were there and he got to go on it. It was pretty amazing....Otherwise it want open until May 25th and this kid is a Transformer nut. He was thrilled. We had to have walked at least 7-10 miles a day....
Stacie bought a scrapbook at Disneyland and wants me to make it for her so I have been working on that. I also have been painting the downstairs walls and all the trim and doors. It has been quite the job but it makes me feel better because I cant always pay my way here and it is very much appreciated. I am working on a slipcover for a recliner (winging it) and I made a baby quilt. I want to open several Etsy shops and try my luck at that. We will see. In other words I have big plans. Which is a good thing. The last post my big plan was to get out of bed sometime during the day..Again, thank you all for being good friends.....xoxox Melinda

13 comments:

Sarah said...

So glad and relieved to hear that you are feeling a little brighter xxx I am sure you are still having some difficult moments but this is definitely a step in the right direction. love your minnie ears :) xxxx

Sherry said...

Love you Melinda!

Jen xo said...

what a magic trip to disneyland , i bet you are so pleased you went..... glad to hear you are doing better..... you have taken lots of positive steps and thats all you can do is put one foot in front of the other ......love to you..

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip; I am so happy that you got to go!
It also sounds like you have taken some huge steps on your way to feeling better; good for you!

Maria said...

Delighted to read you are doing so much better. Remember bay steps...
How good that you were able to go to Disneyland etc and cope so well.
Wow and you have been busy painting and sewing as well.Great.
Hugz from across the miles. Maria

Maria said...

Opps!! baby steps

Jo said...

I am so happy to see you back!!! and the magic of Disney, you can't help but smile when you are there ... what a wonderful trip and bonding moments for and your family! I totally encourage you to open an etsy shoppe, you have fab talent!!!

Melinda said...

I have been thinking of you and am glad to hear you are doing better. Let us know when you open the etsy shop - I love to shop there.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

So happy that you found a new Dr and things are getting better. FUN trip!!! Etsy shop sounds interesting!!
I do hope you have a nice Mom's Day!
Warmly,
deb

Laurie said...

Melinda, I'm so glad to hear you're doing better. You deserve so much more than you've been given. I know in my heart you're going to be fine. God Bless You dear friend.

Pam said...

Glad to hear you are doing better and had a good trip with your family. Anxious to see that scrapbook.

Angela said...

so glad to hear that things are a little better for you now, Melinda. Looks like you had a fabulous trip with your family :)

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh you sound so much better! It is hard living with anxiety, believe me I know. I can't believe how big the kids are! Holy cow they've grown!!! I'm trying to get back to blogging, I have been slacking in a big way this year! Love ya, talk at ya later! :D