Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Playing with fabric...

Dont forget to help me pick a name for my Etsy shop and now there is a little twist. You all gave me some good inspiration and I picked a name...if you have suggested and one of the two words I used are in it...I will put you in a drawing..Again it is Friday so scroll back and throw out some names....
I have said several times that I have been working on a slipcover for a recliner and a half. (Just try to find a premade one out there...arghhhhhhhh and the prices for custom. ) It is my roommates chair and for some reason Thomas decided to rip it apart and I felt terrible.
I went to this awesome home dec fabric place in Sandy Utah and picked up this heavy cotton fabric....7 yards for 14.00..I wanted to make something fitted that I could pull off and wash and the cats dont claw cotton. so here it is.








and the side view....







It is all one piece and it fits snuggly...you dont have to tuck things in all the time or mess with it...It doesnt even show pet hair! woo hoo, I did it and I had no idea what I was doing. Lee told me it looks like a brand new chair and he loves it.
I figured I make pillows, I could figure this out....
I also did a journal page for March...I know I am way behind but I will catch up. The theme was "what is the sound you most love to hear" of course for me it is the sound of family. (meaning the grandkids...)





I also have been playing with "made fabric" and making quilt blocks with it. this is a color themed challenge from the "fifteen minutes to play" blog. Again I am playing catch up, but having fun anyway.
Here is made fabric using ochre.








Now the ochre fabric I havent made a block with yet. Here is orange and mauve though....









So there is a little bit of what I have been doing....more to come. xoxox melinda

6 comments:

Jo said...

oh keep at my creative friend, you are just doing wonderfully, and that chair cover just rocks!!!

Jane said...

You did really well with that chair, it looks fabulous. I have a rocking chair that needs recovering, and I keep looking at it, waiting for inspiration

Maria said...

You sound really great in your post....
WOW what a fabulous job of the recliner cover. It does look new....
Beautiful fabric colours you are playing with too...

Unknown said...

love the chair, looks great

Sherry said...

LOVE the chair cover!!!! I am wanting to redo the cover to my gliding rocker and the foot rest. I just need to get brave enough.

Sherry

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Hey Minda! Wow! You have been busy! I think my muse it back finally! I need to get back in my groups, that really helps! Love all your gorgeous creations and congrats on your shop! And your chair cover is awesome! You are amazing! I tried to make a cover for the printer, without a pattern, and it looks, well, weird. So I wouldn't even attempt a chair cover! This is awesome! Wish I could do that with our yuck brown furniture!