Friday, December 12, 2008

pink on the tree and altered pages.......











It has been pretty quiet and uneventful around here. I would love to say that I have made all kinds of things, but I have been more in a reading mode than anything. I did start a new quilt that I really am enjoying. It is a scrap quilt and it looks kind of like propellers with a bulls eye. I am going to make it a wall hanging size and put it in my kitchen. It has lots of primary colors and will brighten up a bare wall. I also finished a set of altered pages for Heather Robinson in our "color me silly" group. Her theme was "lost and found"....I enjoyed doing this one...It just kind of flowed together. I also owe one to Saundra, her theme is colors and my colors are black and white..I am going to do 8x8 quilties for her..I might get to them tomorrow. I had the most wonderful surprise yesterday too! Two huge boxes on my doorstep from Vickie in Oklahoma...She was my swap partner for the "Snowflakes and Sparkles swap". I had told her that someday I would like a pink themed Christmas tree...Well guess what? I got one! HOLY COW! Everything was wrapped in the most beautiful foily pink paper. She sent me so many things it is unbelievable. For now, I will show a picture of the tree.....If you look, you can see little pink foiled tussie mussies, pink butterflies, glass balls with hot pink, glittery snowflakes and her giant paper mache' ornaments...Aren't they beautiful. I pulled alot of what we already had on the tree off and put on the pink! I am so loving it.....I will show some individual stuff tomorrow....Thanks again Vickie!

4 comments:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Melinda - I love your pink tree!!! And I love your pages and quilt, good to see you're keeping busy! :) Marva

Talking Horses Arts said...

Hi there, pink..it is for sure..lol.
Love the stuff your showing, and will tell you a secret..love pink a lot too!
Andrea.

~*~Patty S said...

Your lost and found pages really touch my heart Melinda, they are beautiful! Thinking of you this evening at seven
Brightest of Blessings to you and yours oxoo

Helen in the UK said...

I'm LOVING the pink xmas tree - so YOU!!! All the new art stuff looks great too. Also nice to see the kids and Cooper enjoying the snow. Keep warm :)