Monday, December 15, 2008

crazy quilt pillow and inchie ornaments...




I finished this second 20" pillow last night and it looks really cute....I love all the colors and the embroideries. Maybe one day I will have to do a throw...the blocks are really time consuming but I guess if I did a little at a time. One thing that kind of siderailed me before from finishing something big with the blocks was the way to finish it. Typically, a crazy quilt isnt quilted like a regular quilt but I did it with the pillows and it worked fine. I just didnt think it would hold up any other way and then it wouldnt be worth the work. So now I know how to make one.....Tonight I also made two little inchie cubes that are ornaments out of paper...These are really fun to make and when you are done, you cant tell they are made from paper...Daniel and Olivia and I actually made these two as gifts for their teachers...I found the tutorial over on Magpies Nest......she also has a link where you can print out a template....her site is http://bitze.wordpress.com/ go check it out....They certainly dont cost anything, you use scraps and little bits...The kids used old art magazines to cut out pictures.....

4 comments:

LynnDel said...

Wish I could load the page in order to see your photos! Not your fault; my dumb dial-up...

Yes, the row of 100+ year-old olive trees is one of the identifying marks of my place. The holidays bring back many memories, but you're right, God's grace gets us through, and the holidays are also a reminder of His love.

Margaret said...

Hi Melinda
Love your inchie cubes, really pretty with the glittered edges. I also made some of these, such fun!

Jen xo said...

your inchies are so cute, love the glitter and the ribbon hanger.
Love your cushion too, very bright and cheerful jenxo

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful crazy quilt pillow! Your inchie ornaments are excellent too! Extra sweet that the children helped, they really are nicely done! Thank you for the mention :) ooxo