Sunday, December 14, 2008

Black and white and shades of grey




These are the 8x8 fabric pages I finished for Saundra...The face is supposed to be looking thru a keyhole, but it is kind of hard to tell that. She also could be Sleeping Beauty's wicked step queen checking her face in the mirror..she has a little bit of the wicked in her I am thinking...I love to work in black and white...it is challenging to have it look finished and keep color out of it. I did have to add the green eyes though...just be glad they are not pink, I will tell Saundra if she asks...

3 comments:

Talking Horses Arts said...

I can see the keyhole clearly!
Love this...What inspired you to make this?
Thanks for sharing,
Andrea.

Angela said...

It's wonderful Melinda, you can definately see the keyhole!

~*~Patty S said...

Black and White IS very challenging, you pulled it off beautifully, the words are so powerful and perfect as well!