Monday, September 8, 2008

art quilt and a wonderful gift....




Friends are wonderful. I have been fortunate enough to be part of a yahoo group called "fabric atc's one to one" for a couple of years now and we make and trade some fabulous atcs, but more than that, we have become friends. It is amazing how we all seem to click and have truly got to know each other. If we need thoughts or prayers, this group is happy to know about it and offer support and love. When the kids and I went thru our recent loss, the group decided to cheer me up and send me some pretty things to lift my spirit. Helen (her blog is on my sidebar) made me this wonderful atc and postcard display quilt and then a bunch of group members sent me beautiful atc's to put in it...Their theme was friendship and pink was the color. I have stuck some other things in there including my ne wand and doesn't it all just look beautiful? If you click on the picture you will get a big view....I just love this and it is on my bedroom wall where I can look at it all the time. I also am showing a picture of a new art quilt that I finished last night. I made a fabric paper background, and covered it with netting. I used a stamp called free flowing from Cherry pie and then took a picture and made it big...put it on quilting paper and that was my pattern. The lady's profile is in black satin, everything else is free motioned with colored threads...It looks all crooked, but that is just my picture taking. I am sending this to Sherry for her birthday and blogiversary...Sherry, this is what it looks like when your soul is finally free.

12 comments:

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Melinda,
This is sooo beautiful! Thanks for sharing it all with us! I am posting a picture of your wand soon ~ I just love it, it is soo enchanting! Love, me

RubyMay said...

I popped by and saw your gorgeous arch on your other blog and now I am back to see your sewing ! I am so glad I came back as this is absolutely wonderful!
Thanks for sharing and I think your friend will be thrilled to receive this beauty x

Sarah said...

I love the gift that your friends made you - online pals are often the best kind because they really "get" you in a way that the people immediately around you never can, due to the way you met....

and as for the Cherry Pie art quilt.....

jaw dropping wow!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Melinda - your wall quilt looks wonderful! And I love your new art quilt! Beautiful! And yes, YOU have changed my mind about pink! :D Marva

Helen in the UK said...

OHHHHHHH - doesn't it look wonderful filled with all those arty goodies!!!!
Love the new art quilt too :)

JennaLouiseCreates said...

Melinda - I'm so happy to see the ATC Quilt. I also love the new art quilt you made. Know that I have been thinking of you and continue to send blessings your way! Jenna Louise

Genevieve said...

Hi Melinda!I Love all of the wands and what a cool Quilt ! I hope that the fall is being kind to You!
"see" you soon!

Genevieve said...

Hi Melinda!I Love all of the wands and what a cool Quilt ! I hope that the fall is being kind to You!
"see" you soon!

Sherry said...

Okay, you just brought tears to my eyes! You are so sweet! I can't wait to see this beautiful piece and be inspired!!

I love the quilt and all the fillers! That is so sweet of the group to make that for you!

Going to dry my eyes!
Sherry

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Very fun blog. This quilt is gorgeous. I love seeing all the creativity from the heart and soul. Lisa

Paula said...

So sweet and to top it off, your all incredible artists! I wondered how people displayed all their atc's. That's a fantastic idea!

Yarni Gras! said...

sooooooooo beautiful