Sunday, July 29, 2007

All caught up on my projects!!!!!







It has been crazy, but it has finally settled down around here and I have been able to sew and play more in my art room and MAN, it feels good. It sure does make me feel better mentally to have some time to make things and not feel guilty. Stacie is getting better every day and it has really been fun to have her company around the house. She sits in a garden chair and we talk while I putter around outside or we'll watch something on tv while I sew. She still sleeps a lot and doesn't eat much but that just takes time. Cooper loves having her here. A captive audience for him! Dog heaven. When I leave to work, he runs in and gets in bed with her. It makes me laugh! I have been doing a zillion projects at work too so it has been a pretty creative week. I have been making "go green " shopping bags, silk scarves with beaded fringe and I re-decorated the bathroom. My boss says everyone comments on how beautiful our bathroom is and since we have a home dec dept. she thought it was time to revamp. It was Mary Englebreit now it is French country looking....It cracks me up, but hey, it is my job! Stacie and I made her a tote bag last night. I will share a picture. It didn't take much time with her ironing and reading me the directions. She loves blue and yellow, that girl...She was all happy because her bag matches her quilt.....Not the same fabric, but the colors. I also got caught up on my postcards for "Arts in the Mail"....The Asian swap was harder than I thought...I had to make things out of the fabric I have but I ended up pretty happy with them. I also am still working on my One block wonder quilt....It is starting to look incredible...the blocks are anyway...I am almost done with them and Tuesday I am going to put them up on a board and take pictures and then I will post them. I think this is going to be my Fair entry quilt....I am posting pictures of the fabric...It really is beautiful. I am making it just to make it and learn a new technique. Don't know who will end up with it! My hydrangeas are incredible.....There are these hot pink beauties that I have got to go cut and dry.....I want to hang a ladder from the ceiling in the kitchen and use it to dry stuff...I need to find a ladder first because it needs to be kinda ugly and made out of wood.......and I still haven't painted the kitchen or made curtains....I did recover dining room chairs though...I make myself crazy with all these things I want to do!

3 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

So pleased to hear that Stacie is recovering well. Sounds like you are getting back in your stride now so much stress has been removed. Sounds like Cooper has got the right idea!! Take care of yourselves :)

Heather Robinson said...

Thanks so much for the update on your family. It sounds as though things are improving slowly but surely. I can't believe how creatively busy you've also been. Beautiful work as always.

Judy said...

Love that fabric...hmmmm florals
I can't wait to see the blocks and the quilt.. so glad your daughter is home with you..a few years ago my daughter was in the hospital for a month..it was terrible..but sure made our relationship better..hope to have your birdy in the mail tomorrow...