Wednesday, July 18, 2007

New pillow, quilting class and daughter update....






Stacie may just be a few days from coming home. They are waiting on one more surgical opinion, but so far, two surgeons are saying a couple more days on IV antibiotics and she can come home. My dad is coming from Oregon to get Daniel for a couple weeks so he is all excited over that! He loves his grandpa..Dad will probably stay a couple days and visit the hospital. I know Stacie will be glad to have the company too. As crazy as things are, they are starting to seem almost normal...It doesn't make sense I know, but in a weird, kinda way......You know what I mean. I finished my felted pillow and I just love it! It is a store sample and the owner really loves it too...It is the first pillow I have ever made. I kind of guessed how to make an envelope back and then I put a button and button hole so you can close it...I look forward to making more of these...There is something fun about stabbing fabric with a sharp needle!!!! Haha....Therapy! I also got a break from Daniel tonight and went to that "one block wonder" class....Now this was some cool stuff....It makes blocks that look incredible...I am still in the cutting phase but will post pictures later...Everyone teased me because you have to pin a lot to match the patterns as you cut and I never pin...ANYTHING! Blasphemy you say?....but true......It felt so good to just talk and relax......

2 comments:

Heather Robinson said...

What a wonderful pillow, Melinda! So glad you are taking time to create and enjoying it so much...It is therapy. My thoughts are with you and your family.

martha brown said...

Please let us know how your daughter is -- How stressful this must be for you! And what a fun lavender sachet Daniel has made for his mom -- he looks so happy and proud! Good work!
xox