Friday, April 16, 2010

A day in the life and the Friday night sew in.....




Once a month there is a Friday night sew in and bloggers from around the world dedicate the evening to sewing projects..Then you post them and go see what everyone else made....(click on the Friday Night sew in Button on my sidebar to find out more...) I was ready....I had a lot to do today and I got it all done..
I got up at 5:30 am to go to my daughters house...
there by 6:ooam
Took a shower, got dressed
Kids up, got Olivia ready for school...
Took Olivia to school
Drove little kids to my house
fixed breakfast, got them fed and bathed and dressed...
Cleaned the house and did laundry
Watered the garden
Cleaned again...they are kids ok?
fixed lunch
Watched Velveteen rabbit with Andrew
snacktime
Lay them down for naps...one year old for the first time refused to participate.....finally he slept about the time Andrew woke up...
(this is when I usually play catch up on the sleep thing)
pick up toys, play in the yard
2:00 kids go home with mom
one hour on the treadmill
paint stove hood of trailer
wipe down walls of trailer start to prime realize I need more primer
go to loews to get more primer and paint
stop by Subway so I dont have to cook anything....






Set up new sewing table because I got a new folding one so I would have more room....






I had already decided that tonight I was going to work on the quilt for our bed in the trailer....I have vintage cowboy hankies and I am going to build around them...so I got the fabrics all out and ready to go....





And I just finished the fourth block....Here are the first four.....




They are going to be 20" square....I am going to do four rows of four and then borders and binding...But guess what? I am too darn TIRED TO SEW!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???? The moral of this sad Friday Night Sew in....Dont Have kids? (just kidding) Dont do so much that you dont have anything left when it comes to sewing........sighhhhhhhhh

17 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow you tired me out Melinda, just reading your day! the quilt though is going to be so cool! I love your theme, can't wait to see more!
I'll check out the Friday Night Sew In, sounds like fun!

PeggyR said...

Oh my you wore me out! I do love seeing what you come up with though!

Trudy said...

You had an amazingly productive day.

Trudy
Artistic Mother's Art Group

Jane said...

Oh, that sounds so familiar. You've made a good start on your quilt though

Jane said...

Oh, that sounds so familiar. You've made a good start on your quilt though

Jen xo said...

hah!! i was already exhausted by lunchtime!!
love your quilt , its going to look superb!

you never get that time back with little kids so its is nice you can be with them...jenxo

Debby said...

Busy!!! Busy!! Love the quilt!
Debby

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Your quilt is going to be gorgeous. Four blocks in one night is quite a success..I didn't have any :-)

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

A very busy day indeed. So far your quilt looks great! Looks like a good match to your camper :)

Little Lady Patchwork said...

What a day Melinda! And you even had energy to quilt!

I love the vintage feel of your new project. Can't wait for the finished quilt.

Emjoy your weekend...maybe take a nap!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I got tired about the second time you cleaned house in one day, then rearranged your sewing station. I love that sewing table. It looks very sturdy and folding is a bonus.

Great day in the life post. I always, always love these.

Prairiemaid said...

You sound BUSY! Most days are like that around here.

I love you quilt blocks. The quilt is going to be awesome!

Hope you have a great weekend!

~Cheryl

Jo said...

i was thinking you must be exhausted after a day like that ...
the quilt is going to be beautiful, love the bright colours and the vintage hankies!

Jenny said...

Melinda. I tell you what I'm going to do for you. I'm going to go take a nap in your honor!

Patty said...

Wow I still say you have more energy than the average grandma! Love,love love the hankie quilt!

Anonymous said...

WOW hard working day!Saw the wrapper of Subway and reminded me of the very yummy inionsuas the have....Dubway here in Holland doesn't have that :(
Beuatiful fabrics and blocks you've made!
Btw...I have something for you on my blog.
Enjoy your sunday.

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh these are fabulous!!! Can't wait to see it when you're finished!