Saturday, April 28, 2007

A trash to Treasure Challenge.




This challenge was from fiber art traders....Someone sends you a baggie of stuff (trash) and you make them a treasure and keep something for yourself.....All I will say is OH MY GOSH! Fun foam and neon orange tulle....and a zillion butterflies and stars...the kind that is like confetti....I did find blue pieces scattered in and started arranging and decided to make something blue.....I was thinking maybe postcard but I had a piece of 5x5 orange fun foam that I used for a middle....(if you are out of timtex or peltex...the darn stuff works....) haha....so I made this piece along with some charms....The recipient can unwire the two that I hooked to the main piece, or make it all into charms....I actually really like how it turned out and I am normally not a "blue person"........Now to use that tulle..........lol...

3 comments:

Judy said...

Great art Melinda...your doll is cute...I can't wait to make one too..

Helen in the UK said...

Oh - that trash bag was quite a challange. Orange is not my fav colour at all. I think you've made a great 'treasure' out of the bag though :)

primdollie said...

oh such fun!!!! and a great way to be challenged!!!! great job!!! Hugs Linda