Thursday, October 1, 2009

What I made today....



A whole outfit! I know, I cant believe it either and I actually enjoyed the process...The top is a simple v neck knit and I used a pattern that someone gave me. The skirt, I just made up, and the bag, I tried to follow a pattern and then said forget it, wadded it up and made it the way I wanted too..The great news...The whole thing cost me a buck...yep, a dollar. The cheap in me just loves it...I got both the black and red print at a garage sale this summer for 1.00. The rest of the stuff I had. The bag I embellished the heck out of and just played with trims and stitches. It is lined in red with white polka dot flannel that was the trim off a pair of pj bottoms that I made. I have a really cool black jacket and a pair of boots that I think this would look pretty cute with. I also got a package today in the mail with Halloween goodies...I will post a picture in the morning!My home ec teacher, God love her, would have a stroke for sure...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You clever, clever lady you - what a fabulous outfit - and I adore the bag - it is brilliant.

Tamerie Shriver Halliday said...

Great job! And who cares what your Home Ec teacher would think? You love it, and that's all that matters!

Pam said...

I love them and I think your home ec. teacher should be proud that she inspired you to use your sewing machine to creat such wonderful items.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Your outfit turned out great and all for a Dollar! WOW. I love the
bag and it has my favorite colors! VBG

Quiltingranny said...

I just need to get off my bottom and get creative, I don't even want to open my sewing closet!

roc said...

i love what you made! that tote looks so awesome!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Great job on a thrifty outfit. Love the bag!

Lexie's thoughts said...

super cute outfit!

Helen in the UK said...

Oh you clever, stylish young thing!! You go girl :)

Jenny said...

Wow, that is amazing. And gorgeous. I bet you a got a lot of compliments on that outfit.