Wednesday, October 21, 2009

fancy cuffs and I won a prize!!!!

First of all, I love surprises! What girl doesnt? I dont care how old you are...I found the greatest blog...The bloggers name is Jenny and I think she found me first, but I visited and had a good laugh. She is a really good writer and I enjoy her perspective on ordinary things...I became a follower, just cause everyone needs a good laugh. I also commented on a little contest she was having..You didnt have to post on your blog, or become a follower. Just make a guess. I did and I won! Can you believe it? The gift was a surprise, and today it came in the mail...It has the most adorable fall card and these gorgeous Fall towels from Moda...

I love the detail of the towels on the bottom....

The middle one is my fave! Thank you so much Jenny! You made my day...Go visit her at http://jennymattok.blogspot.com
At Fiber Art Traders, a Yahoo group that is pretty fun, there is a trade for embellished cuffs..You wear them like bracelets and they are really fun. We are making them without closures, cause the person who gets yours will fit it to their wrist...I made mine with silks...they are nice and shiny and sparkly. I am all about that.....
Other than that, I am still really battling depression and anxiety and it has been a rough road...I am doing everything I can to get better but it almost makes it worse before it gets better...Art really does help and having someone that loves and supports me even when I am a sobby, snotty mess and a half. We are working on a project together and that is good therapy too...In the house there is an upstairs where the eaves go to the floor...one huge part of it was finished and that is my little studio. The other part is at the top of the stairs and it just was a mess...so we made storage behind the sheet rock and put down flooring...then we have been ripping and tearing and cleaning up the other room. It is going to be a play room/ bedroom for the grandkids...I am doing it in orange and turquoise and a sea green floor....It is already adorable..I will post before and afters when it is done...Now I just need my babies to put in it and I would be thrilled!!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you won a prize - what a lift and boost to your day. I love those cuffs you have made - utterly adorable - must try those sometime.

The playroom for the grandchildren sounds divine - it is lovely to keep busy as a distraction - but still hard.

Thinking of you

xx

Audrey said...

Congratulations on the prize!! It is a lot of funny winning something, and loving it when it arrives. Like Christmas!

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you liked them! I love those towels. Moda stuff is always cool! Happy Fall!

Searchfamilies said...

Congratulations on your win
Hugs Janice

Tamerie Shriver Halliday said...

Congratulations on your win! It is always nice to be surprised by something you weren't expecting! I am sorry to hear that you are still battling your demons. I do understand, as I am fighting a similar battle. All I can say is keep on keeping on. God doesn't give us anything we are unable to handle. Even when it seems the opposite is true. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Tamerie

Micki said...

Congrats on the win and enjoy!
Micki

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Grief is a rough road that goes up and down and around again ... my heart goes out to you Melinda!
Know that blogland is full of Love and good wishes for you and yours!
Art does help heal ... I was recently moved to do journal pages about Alex, it was hard, but it was helpful to release some of the pain I hold so deep in my heart!
Take care sweet lady!
oxo ~*~ Patty

LynnDel said...

I love that cuff! I need to get into trading!