Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy 2009! I am looking forward to all the good things that I just know it is going to bring. I am not really a resolution maker though I do set goals... I am definitely in a transitional period and my main big hope is that God will show me where to go from here. So that is my hope for 2009. We didn't do too much celebrating here ....I made a big green Thai curry and we had Hagen Daz peppermint bark ice cream and played Memory on the coffee table....The kids made it until eleven last night..We are still fighting the cold thing....We also sat around and said what we liked most about 2008. I wrote it down in one of Liv's notebooks and the kids really got into the spirit of things....Daniel loved fishing with Ron, meeting his great friend Sam and his birthday party in February...Andrew thought and thought...it was so cute . He came up with his "birday cake with a monsta" truck on it, Catching and eating crabs on fourth of July, ( I ate two five of dem) and going pishing'....Olivia's list was super long. Pink cupcakes and sewing and our great fishing trips and spending time with Aunt Cinda and Uncle Tom and her cousins and her Brownie camping trip and about twenty other things. It shows how far she has come that she has such joy for life and I LOVE that! To all my friends and family, I hope this coming year brings you great things!

5 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Happy New Year to you too!
You certainly deserve a GREAT 2009 ... keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

Faye said...

Love the comments made by your children. Do enjoy them and continue to write down their cute sayings. When you are old you will love going back and rereading the comments. I'm glad I put some of my kids' sayings down to read now that I'm a granny.

Lorraine said...

happy new year loved to read your childrens comments..we dont make resolutions either as we just go with the flow.

Sherry said...

I think the kids are as good for you as you have been for them! I hope you have a wonderful New Year and find more joy in your life again. You are such a great friend and deserve the best!!!

Sherry

Sarah said...

happy new year Melinda!

not surprised the monster truck cake stuck in Andrew's mind, it was brill!

those kiddies have really landed on their feet to be in your care, you are working little miracles every day

x