Monday, May 12, 2008

Oh, to be a princess......




I got the best book and have had so much fun looking at it! It is called "Crowns and Tiara's". I saw it, and had to get it off Amazon. Once I got it and paged thru it a couple of times, I got all kinds of crazy ideas spinning around. I am a child at heart still and what little girl doesn't like a crown now and then. Saturday I hit the mother lode of all garage sales and got all kinds of crafting loot! (I guess the stars were aligned in my favor cause this usually does not happen!) When I was paging thru the book and looking at supplies needed I realized I didn't have a lot of them...rats! After the garage sale I had pretty much everything so I came home went downstairs and a crown was made....Olivia adores it and wore it all day on Saturday..She is envisioning it with a princess skirt for her birthday party. We will see if she gets one!

3 comments:

Fannie said...

Hi, Melinda. Thanks for your visit. This is a playful post. It's exciting to read your post and feel your enthusiasm for art. Nice.

I'll be back for more inspiration.

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh how fun! Wish I'd been there at that sale with you! :) Marva

ScaryCheri said...

oh Liv must be in princess heaven with a crown like that to wear. KyahBeth and Arianna love crowns. Even the ones from burger king, lol. What a find at the garage sale. Looks like you got lots of goodies. Our consignment shop just closed and I am going to miss it terribly. I used to find all sorts of bits there. Have a great week. Hugz, Scary