Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What's new?

I am tired of the heat. It has not only been hot, but smoky and hazy and the air is just heavy. I was enjoying going to the pool, but the air quality is so bad that I have been staying inside. We have a big problem with wild fires. It makes the air really awful. I have still been looking for a place to live. I am miserable between where I live and what I am realizing about my family. I still am keeping busy though. I may have a lead on a place to move to...Say a prayer, lift up a good thought, whatever it is you do. I would so appreciate some peace in my life. Again though, I am more myself and doing better.

I made a necklace for Daniel out of watch parts of a broken watch that Ron had...It took me a couple of days of sanding and soldering. I put a wish for him in the bezel. So I call it a wish watch. It is really pretty in a steam punk kind of way and has meaning. I think he will like it. I used silver solder and it is super heavy.
I also made a few cards just playing with stuff. Sometimes paper and glue calm my mind.











I also took on a huge undertaking. I am customizing my Blythe doll...you have to boggle, carve, sand, paint, rerroot add lashes correct gaze, blah, blah blah. She is going to be adorable. I had no idea that you could carve plastic. I always knew I wanted to do it, but the list of materials discouraged me. I used a little green screw driver and a nail buffer. What do ya know it worked. I cant wait until it is done! I have put hours into it so far.





People charge hundreds for these custom dolls if they are good at it. You know, I think I kind of have a knack for it.


Lisa my youngest daughter called me yesterday and said she might come up again and bring my little Andrew. I talked to him on the phone and afterwards cried for an hour. I am hoping they do. My birthday is coming and I just dont want to be alone.
I also signed up for Val's zombie swap so I will be working on that too. I did it last year and it was a lot of fun...
Happy Summer xoxoxoxo melinda

6 comments:

Laurie said...

I keep you in my prayers Melinda! I'm glad you have found things to keep you busy. Could you reply to me with your address?

Yarni Gras! said...

okay, the blue eyes are creeping me out...I thought SHE was the zombie doll!!! hahahaha!
Sweetie, already said a prayer for you this morning on my way to work. You'll stay there until you say otherwise.

Jen xo said...

oooh i love your customising so far, she is going to be so cool...

hope your situation changes soon, it cant be easy....love the cards and necklace too, you are clever :)

Jo said...

sending you loads of healing energy and meditations ... and wow, your Blythe, I cannot wait to see her finished!

Jenny said...

Is it wrong that that eyeless doll scares me?

Shudder, shudder!

I wanted to write you a note to thank you for all my lovelies. They came on a day I was babysitting and the grandlittles had so much fun 'helping' me ooh and ahh over everything!

Not necessary, but so much appreciated.

You didn't ask for advice but let me give some.

Standing in the world with one leg longer than the othe (from existing on a tippsy/turvy earth) can get really tiring.

Have you thought about volunteering. Maybe teaching crafts at a sheltered workshop or a retirement home?

Maybe reading poetry to shut ins?

Not volunteering where you have to lift everybody up, but just where you can be you and share your talents with others.

It can't be family.

It can't be existing friends.

In so many ways we have lived parallel lives and the times when I have been able to step away from the awfulness is almost always the times when I'm focused on someone that isn't causing pain in my life.

Does that make sense.

We turn in with our talents and hide from another bruise when sometimes I wonder if it's better to say "To HE%& with the people causing the pain!"

Being selfish is so alien to our beings, sweet girl.

But your soul needs you to be a bit selfish now and help you.

Just like they say on the planes, 'put your own oxygen mask on first', I wonder if that's something you might try.

Oh.

And what about house sitting? They have it hear for extended periods of time with people travelling etc. I just wondered if you had looked into it.

Sorry to have written this novel.

Close your eyes for a second.

I hope you can feel my prayers wrapping around you in a giant hug.

Laurie said...

You sound like you're doing well! I hope you have news of a new place to live very soon. When is your birthday? Big, big hugs!