Saturday, July 28, 2012

Summer is wonderful!











At the condo where I live, they have a great pool and workout room so I have been doing a lot of swimming. They have the Jillian' treadmill by Nordic track....What a kick. It will even post to your face book the workout you did. Here is the weird thing....I am the only one who uses it. Mine is in the garage which works in the winter, but it is just to hot to use it out there. Even late at night, cause it doesn't seem to cool down.



I also have been doing a lot of yard stuff. The yard is super small and with two big dogs it can get pretty ripped up. I water the spots where they pee and it seems to help. I also planted some woolly Thyme in the bare spots. I am excited to see it start blending in with the grass. It smells good and it makes a totally steppable yard. Even for high traffic. I have been taking cuttings and starting perennial containers. I just love going out late at night and watering. It is peaceful and I can see the mountains. It is hot, but there is this awesome breeze


I went on an informal lunch date to Park City Utah. It was fun. They have an all day farmers market on the weekends. It has a whole lot of craft booths. I am surprised at all the things that sell that I can make. I got some good ideas for things. I want to open another Etsy store with ready made fabric things that aren't super expensive. One of the things that I got a super big kick out of was they had a Bloody Mary Bar....Like a salad bar. I had just never seen that.










This is not my arm by the way.....just saying.






I am not much of a drinker, ever, but boy, on a hot day this was good. I love this hat. As we walked down thru the main street I went in a few shops. One of them was filled with the most amazing sparkly things. I was drawn in like a magnet. Absolutely beautiful cowboy boots, belts, scarves and buckles. Oh yeah, and bags. Well, this hat was in it for 64.00. We went down to the market and it was at a booth. My date bought it for me for 18.00 and a yummy bar of handmade soap. Everyone there wears cowboy. Why, I don't know cause it was a mining town. But I guess you cant run around in a miners hat with a light on top. But who knows I might.




I have been making things too...Etsy is pretty slow. I just think there are so many portrait painters and I am kind of lost in the middle. Any ideas? I am working on cat things right now for the cat show that I am going to have a booth in. I also am working on a birthday box for Stacie (oldest daughter) Olivia and Daniel. I am making bags and pj's and finishing the little Disney scrapbook. I am kind of scattered right now. I need to make a priority list.



I did make some cute homemade cards. I love making these torn paper flowers.













I sent the cards and this little lavender sachet and card to a blogger friend who just out of the blue will send me a walmart card to help with medication. She has a huge generous heart and I am just so blessed to have her and you all too. I have gotten fabric and clay and little goodies from people to keep me going. The biggest thing it does is lift my spirits to be cared about. It has really helped. I have had an epiphany as far as my family goes. Including my sister. They are toxic and I love them, but the only time they love me is when things are good. I love them, I forgive them but I am putting a lot of distance between us. This doesn't include my kids and grandchildren. Just my dad and siblings. It hurts to be called names and accused of not having anything wrong with me. Apparently I am just lazy if they feel like they should be helping me and don't want to. The truth is I don't want their money I want love and support. They just don't have it to give without making me pay by listening to them call me names and put me down. I will tell you it is hurtful, but realizing that it is that way is also freeing. I have spent my whole life trying to get love and approval from my dad. Knowing and accepting that I am not going to frees that hurt little kid in me. I still love him like crazy but I don't need his approval. I am just going to love myself instead. So I am doing better. I am hopeful.....YES, HOPEFUL! Thank you all again for your caring and support.





Today I just finished a cat portrait. They are 3d, which means I make the sewn piece and then it goes on a bag or on a quilt. This is Val's cat Suki playing with a feather toy. It is going on a batik bag. I just thought I would show just the cat.
















I always think the backs are cool looking too. I tend to use thread in the bobbin in any color just based on what I have...These use a lot of thread!

Yesterday I read the coolest book on my Kindle. It was free too! If you are a Christian that gets frustrated with churches or you just need a lift, you should read it. "Every Bush is Burning." It is fiction and it spoke to me in a million ways...

Happy Summer! xoxoxox melinda
Well I am going to go swim. Happy Summer! xoxoxox melinda

10 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You look GREAT!!! The cowboy hat works for you! Love the cards too.
The cat artwork is amazing! Glad your date went well! Sounds like things are improving.
Warmly,
deb

Maria said...

Oleased to read you are enjoying life and going out and having a nice time with a date...
Love the hat.
Nice cat portrait too.

Jody said...

The hat and shades are great--you're smokin'!! The cards and Suki are very pretty--glad to see you are doing well.

Sarah said...

So happy to read this....you sound so happy and you look amazing! :) and I thoroughly approve of your attitude change towards your family , that sounds very healthy. have a great summer honey :)

Jen xo said...

so happy for you melinda, you sound like you have so much positive stuff going on and are really enjoying life....you look really cute in that hat :)

Jo said...

You sound so happy Melinda! and that is just wonderful!!! I am so glad that you are finding the positive and the light ... keep moving forward!

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like you have a lot to be HOPEFUL about too! Things are good. Yeah!

Sherry said...

You look great and your work is amazing as always. I'm sorry to hear about you and your sister, but sometimes the people we love aren't good for us in the long run.

Sherry

jillytacy said...

You've been so busy and productive! I love the portrait of Suki! As always the things you make are beautiful, you are so talented! I'm glad you are doing well. I feel for you, it's hard to have family members that don't support you. I think you have a great attitude about it. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself.

Yarni Gras! said...

how did I miss that! Suki looks so cute!