We have the most terrible weather happening...Just the last couple of days the temperature has dropped and it is wet and windy...It feels like I am on the Oregon Coast again.....
We just had little Trace today and it was kind of fun to lounge around and play with him. We call him "Stealth". He is super quiet, so it is peaceful but he never quits moving...He has big expressive eyes and is a real snuggler....He has pretty much wrapped himself right around both our hearts....he really has Grandpa now, since one of the few words he says is "gwampa" plain as day....He makes so many funny faces, it makes me laugh......Here is a little collage of all the faces he made in the kitchen in about two minutes time...I think the frown was when I took his pacifier out of his mouth....When he smiles, he curls his lip like Elvis.
I am so glad we have gotten to know him! He is a day brightener, this little guy.....
I also got to play upstairs...I have about ten things in various stages of finish. I did get my Round Robin Row for Hetty done and mailed off on Friday....Her theme is water and my row is the one with the boats....I embroidered a little captains wheel and a fish on the middle block just for fun...I was going to do more but I was out of stabilizer...I think her quilt is going to be very pretty....I love the rows together so far.....
Some day I will attempt to paper piece again and do something like the birds....I really love them. They were made by Hetty herself. The fish were done by Jeanette.....I love how she used the batiks.
I also got an award from Elizabeth at http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com
I had to laugh at the award...After my bear story, she felt compelled to give it to me...Thanks so much for making me laugh too girl!
Here are the rules:
1. Express gratitude to the blogger who bestowed the award unto you...
2. Display the picture on your blog proudly.
3. Be nice and provide a link to the person who gave it to you:
4. Tell six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth, or switch it around and tell six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie. So you decide which is/are truth and which is/are a lie.
1. I have one green eye and one blue eye and most people dont know it until they meet me...
2. My idols are Barry Manilow and Elvis and I have a whole room in my house devoted to their collectables..
3. I ride a Harley Fat Boy and I have a full set of leathers.
4. I once got mad at my mom and dad, ran away and really did try to join a circus but they said I had no talent and called the local cops who took me home.
5. I fell off the top of a motorhome onto the pavement and almost killed myself.
6. I have an alter ego that has written two romance novels that you or someone you know has probably read.
Thanks so much Elizabeth.......If anyone wants to play consider yourself tagged!