Sunday, January 24, 2010

Finished quilt and goodies!

Wow! Busy couple of days here with the blog, and more to come with "one world, One heart" starting tomorrow......Yesterday was so fun with the Valentine Sewing party....I really am looking forward to revisiting all the new blogs I found...There were some really beautiful blogs participating and some really nice people to go with them. The rodeo was fun last night...I am really glad that we went. I have gone to Bull Riding events only, but not a whole rodeo.....The Bronc Riding events are amazing...Those huge horses are flying up in the air every which way and those crazy guys are voluntarily riding them....No woman would be stupid enough to do it..I screamed and shrieked and hid behind Don...It was nerve wracking and I loved it...They play such good loud music too...In between the screaming, I was rocking to the beat...Don just smiles.....Gotta love the man for putting up with my antics....The first picture I wanted to post is a better picture of my little "Bee Mine" wall hanging.....I was in such a hurry and I laid it on the floor and it didnt come out very well....In the pattern, the two red hearts were totally plain so I dressed them up....

All the black words and the stitches, I just dropped the feed dogs and free motioned....I love the bee fabric....Utah is big on beehives....not sure why?
I also finished my split 9 patch a couple of days ago and I adore it.....it is really funny, because one of the reasons I didnt ever finish it was because I didnt think I would like it....I love how the half white blocks make all the colors pop out and say "hi"! I didnt have a pattern to follow so I just laid them on the floor and played with the pattern....It is 54x54 so I put it on the kitchen table...I used cotton batting and then quilted the heck out of it (no cussing this time) and then washed it so it is nice and crinkly...just the way I like it.

Here is my newest quilt inspector doing his job before I put binding on it and washed it....He gave it an a+....(Hasnt my little Joe bobbins grown? he now is officially an "it" too, cause he had his little bobbins removed....heehee)


Today I looked out the window and there was a man bringing up a beautiful wrapped package.......I heard him ask for me and I ran out in my ratty tshirt and four sizes too big boxer shorts....."Me, it's me, right here! "...Have I ever said I love presents and surprises? I am sure it was just a lovely picture....It was Kim's husband, my "Enchanted Swaps" husband and it was her package for me.....

It is so pretty all wrapped up like this....and she has been battling health problems too....She is a great recycler and her blog is at http://greenhoneyhive.blogspot.com
The box is a recycled box that she decorated and made an ornament box out of....inside she put buttons, Chandelier crystals, A valentines panel, fabric and some denim squares....it is a treasure trove....The theme was pinecones and acorns and look at these ornaments......

I love them! Thank you so much Kim for the wonderful everything!
This week is going to be very busy, cause we are driving to Oregon on Wednesday to get my daughter and my babies...She really is coming to Utah...I am so excited! It is going to be one of those long car trips but it will be worth every minute!!!!! Life is good and I am oh so grateful.......

8 comments:

Pat said...

Your wall-hanging is cute. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but there are teeny tiny snowflakes falling across your blog, aren't there? CUTE!!!

Patty said...

Your wall hanging is cute. Have a good trip, I'm sure your excited to have your daughter and grand babies back.

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Hello again Melinda!

I have never been to a rodeo but my DH wants to go to one REAL bad! He is totally into the western /outdoorsy/indian/nature kind of stuff. I probably would have done the same thing that you did.

So I love your wall hanging and how you made it your own by dressing it up a bit. And your quilt tablecloth is a great idea! Now everyday you can look at it and remember all of the past projects that you have made.

Thanks for sharing and it was great to meet you at the party.

Jen xo said...

oh Melinda , your quilt /tablecover looks wondeful, so lovely and bright.

i'm so glad that your dd and babies are going to be closer to you too...

lol at joe's 'bobbins' jenxo

Béa said...

Your finished wallhanging is really cute & table topper a success !

Jessica Rodarte said...

Swaps are so fun. :) I *super duper* love the bee wall hanging. I think it turned out great.
And your quilt is darling!

alice said...

Your little hearts are so cute. I have not finished my tablerunner yet because the backing I picked out was too small and I pouted and I had to visit my mom and and and. Hoping to recover my momentum and finish so I can use it for Valentine's Day. You table topper is also gorgeous as is Joe.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Love, love love the Bee Mine runner! So cute -- and your other quilt is gorgeous, too! Have a blast with your daughter -- and I hope you'll come to our next sewing party -- it was so great to get to meet you and sew with you!