Saturday, May 9, 2009

A good time to blog....


Julie and Steve took the kids to a park to play and I am enjoying some quiet time...I almost dont know what to do with myself! I have Julie's big quilt on the quilter and it is a nightmare! I go down and work on it for a while and then I get mad and quit. I decided to come blog instead...the problem is that it is too big for the quilter and it makes it hard to change bobbins or do anything...the quilt goes edge to edge to both sides of the frame. It is driving me nuts. I will say right now on the record that it is a hot mess....it will not be entering any quilt shows in the future...There are wrinkles and puckers and all kinds of wonkus things happening. The good news? Julie loves it! She keeps coming down and telling me how great it looks. I just smile thru gritted teeth. I learned a good trick from a really experienced quilter when I just started...she said" if it bunches up, just quilt the heck out of it." AMEN to that one. In fact, after it is off the quilter, I am going to put it under the regular sewing machine and do just that along the sides...So far I have used six full bobbins and it still isnt nearly done! The other day, I met a blogger friend when she brought over our aprons from the mommy and me apron swap! They are just adorable...I am hoping to get a picture of us in them tomorrow....I am posting a picture of a MOM" banner I made her to include with her aprons...I also sent her some chocolates and a little cookbook.....back to the quilt from hell....

6 comments:

Tamerie Shriver Halliday said...

I love the banner!

Marilyn said...

Happy Mother's Day--your banner is really lovely!
Sorry your huge quilt is trying to cause trouble but it sounds like you've got it under control. I bet it will be great when you're finished!

Unknown said...

how cute, i hope your doing well. I think of you often.

Sherry said...

I bet the quilt doesn't look half as bad as you think! My mom LOVED the piece you made of Miss Molly!! Thanks Melinda!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Sherry

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Hi!!! I hope you're doing great! Lots of lovely art! Just checking in to make sure we are still on for Elvis? M.'s bday is the beginning of June.
xoxo,
Kristin

Lorraine said...

sorry you have been feeling a bit fed up..just take it out on that quilt and make it a crazy patchwork one..glad Julie loves it