Thursday, April 3, 2008

She is a star!







Liv had her first music program last night in the high school auditorium. The place was jam packed. Her class came on and did their three songs and she was a total diva...I was so surprised to see her so outgoing and bubbly! She was in full dimple mode, dancing and I could hear her singing even. At the end, the teacher told the class to take a bow and Olivia actually left the risers and came front and center stage and bowed...by herself...She brought down the house...I don't know what possessed her, but it was adorable. She told me going home in the car she was the star of the show. How do you argue with that one? She was so excited to wear her new dress that night. It is a jumper that I made her from Kaffe Fassett prints...It is really adorable on her and she was so pleased with it. This is the little girl who wouldn't wear a dress a year ago. It is a nice change...I tired to get pictures at the concert, but it was so dark and I was too far away. I did take some photos of her before we left. The other photo is an atc I played with the other night and then a blank atc background. I have been doing a lot of atc's on painted muslin backgrounds and they are so pretty (I think anyway) that I thought I would show one...I am sending this on to a friend in the UK to play with...That is about it for now!

5 comments:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh I love her dress! You did good! Sounds like she is heading for stardom! How funny that she took a solo bow, good for her! Marva

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh! By the way, I love your painted muslin! What kind of ink/paint did you use? It's gorgeous! Marva

Anonymous said...

She just looks like a star! Glad she did so well and her jumper is so cute! Love the background too.

Helen in the UK said...

The dress is sooooo cute! Sounds like a musical/theatre career is beckoning!! Great ATC - hope this wasn't the one that caused the drama with Cooper the other night?!

Heather Robinson said...

Oh what a delightful story, Melinda! She'll remember that moment the rest of her life...a star indeed! And she looks fantastic in her adorable dress.