Sunday, February 3, 2008

Cool Clock and a few hearts.......







It is hard to believe it is February already! That means it is almost spring! I am so not a winter person. Usually by January I am about tired of it for sure....I keep looking at the weed festival in my front yard and wishing for nice weather so I can go get rid of them..Why does the pretty stuff all die and the weeds do just fine? It has been fairly quiet around here...We are all still recovering from our bout of viral pneumonia. I forgot how when you have kids, the germs just get recycled and passed around. I went to a consignment store the other day that sells all kinds of good junk and I got this really cool clock...It is a signed oil painting that some guy made and then someone made a clock out of it...It is framed with some kind of rusted metal...not the "faux kind, the real stuff...It fits right in with the hodgepodge style in my bedroom. I just thought it had a lot of character and it was cheap too! woohoo.....I also made a couple valentine ATC's...One is painted batting which I am really liking the looks of...it is all fuzzy looking. The other is a off a fabric collage sheet that looked really washed out when I got it so I painted and dyed over the top of it then thread painted the bird..Gotta have some vibrant color, or I dont like it. That's about it..just finished a huge project for a lady that I was paid for, and now I am looking forward to doing some of my own stuff again....

1 comment:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh I love this clock! Good thing I wasn't with you, we'd have been fighting over it. :) Love your fabbies! Really like the bird one! I hear ya about spring! I've been ready for spring since October! Our weeds die here, too cold for even them... Marva