Monday, October 29, 2007

Where does time go?






















It is supposed to "Fly, when you are having fun" but I am not sure that I have been having fun at all! What I have been doing, as usual is running around like a chicken with it's head cut off....Which when you think about it, is a really gross expression....In the last two weeks I have had two really sucky migraines...I hate the darn things! Not only because of the pain, but because I am bedridden and I lay and think of all the things I would rather be doing. I know they are stress related...(stress? not in my life!) but what do you do about that! Besides throw everyone out in the cold, mean streets and move to the Bahamas with no forwarding address? I threw an all out temper tantrum two days ago and demanded that I get my sewing time or ELSE! Days are just zooming by and it gets harder and harder to squeeze things in. My main problem is I am crazy about having my house be clean. I mean "eat off the floor clean" and I want it to smell pretty...ALL the FREAking time! I spend most of my time picking up and I have to either let it go to some extent or get rid of the kids...so the kids are going....just kidding! really! but it drives me bananas! The moral of this story is I either clean or sew, I don't think I can do both, it is too time consuming. I also am the taxi now too...something I have already done once in my life....The kids sure are cute little buggers though. Andrew just had his second birthday and he was adorable! We are getting ready for Halloween now. We got costumes a few days ago and we are going to carve our pumpkins from the garden tomorrow night. Expect pictures!!!! Liv has her Halloween party at school and I am helping. She is pretty excited about that. On the creative front, it has been hard. I got it into my head to do a massive interior and exterior fall cleaning and paint the entry way and hallway.....which I did. I also made more curtains and some place mats and that is about all I got to....I finally went down two nights ago and got caught up on post cards that I owe and some atc's that are going in the mail tomorrow. The Jack' postcard is for the "something with J" series for Arts in the Mail and the Halloween ones are going all overseas to some ladies from the same group. Tonight I also quilted the raspberry quilt I talked about a while ago and I will finish the binding tomorrow. It is a wild tie die thing....Whidbey Island actually had a hippy fest here this summer that was quite the big do....the tie dye thing would've fit right in....It is not my taste though I love the batiks in it...Especially the great colors! It is for a store sample. That's about it for tonight folks......

2 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Oh Melinda, I really sympathise with you about the migraines - horrible, horrible :(
Love the new PCs you've made - hope you manage to get some more regular 'Melinda' time. Your mental health is really important. Take care and have lots of fun at Halloween :)

Anonymous said...

What great atcs or postcards or both? I love the owl one in particular.