Monday, July 11, 2011

lady bugs and baby clothes.....

For the month of June, our Year of Enchantment ornament swaps theme was ladybugs. I waited to post because I wanted to make sure Kerry, my partner had time to get her package...Here is what Kerry sent me...












I love this little guy....The antennae are so cute! She also sent me some fun other ladybug goodies.
















I made her a painted ladybug glass ball ornament.

















I also made her a little lady bug house out of fabric that I quilted onto peltex...I had no idea what I was doing... I saw the little pattern in Cloth Paper Scissors and I thought it would be cute in fabric. This was a tough one to figure out...once done though, I just think it turned out really cute. There were several times when I was ready to throw it away.




































This months theme is mermaids so I have been giving that some thought. Who knows what I will come up with.

Olivia and I had a good time this weekend.
We went to the movies and saw Mr Poppers Penguins...She is such an animal lover that she was enthralled and now wants a penguin...or two but I expected that. It was a really cute movie.

We also got our new absolute favorite dessert! Papa Murphy's has a smore pizza....We call it chocolate pizza and it is so good...We are hooked lined and sinkered and the best news? A pizza is 4 dollars...I think it is a great buy...you have to try it.....yum!

We also sewed pajama pants. Liv made her own. I made her model them for Julie today and I snapped a picture...She has her eyes closed but you get the idea!


















I think she shut her eyes on purpose.....She also made pj bottoms for Jace and he loves to model...You can tell I am at Julie's because of all the kids stuff in the background.


























While Liv was sewing I pieced together and outfit for little Ava out of quilt scraps. I didnt use a pattern I just put this and that on it and it turned out so cute. Julie was just thrilled and says it is the cutest thing she has ever seen. After making itty bitty doll clothes, it was easy.

















The pants are reversible....they can be black and white dots with red ruffles too and the back of the top is in the same dots...














Happy Summer!

12 comments:

jillytacy said...

The baby's outfit is the cutest outfit ever! Wow! It looks like you had fun with Olivia. The pizza sounds delicious!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Ava's outfit is so cute!!!! And Liv's pjs are awesome! That's so cool that you're teaching her to sew! I wish I had learned more when I was younger, of course I still can't sew people clothes, well except for pj bottoms.

Jo said...

oh my gosh!!! cutest baby outfit ever! and the lady bug house just rocks!!! and it looks like Liv did a great job on her pj bottoms! adorable!

Barb said...

Fun lady bug stuffand pjs....what an accomplishment for such a young gal....what beautiful children.

Holly Loves Art said...

What a fun idea for a swap. Everything is adorable... so are the cute kids!
Cheers,
Holly

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Great swap goodies. Love the ladybug house! You are so talented! Sweet outfit for Ava.
LOVE how you are making your house a HOME!! Great idea with the old mantle mirror!!! Love the frame idea!
Very sweet ladybug ATC! Love how you altered it into other things.
Take care!
Warmly,
deb

Patty said...

Wow! Liv should have visited sooner! Love Jace little round belly love that age. Everything looks great! Love the baby's outfit.

Jen xo said...

oh melinda you sound so happy :) and the things you made are just beautiful....such a lovely productive time spent with your family :)

Laurie said...

How cute all of it is from the lady bugs to the clothes! Fantastic Melinda, you go girl!!

Needled Mom said...

It looks like you have been having fun. I love the ladybug house!!!!

That baby outfit .....waaaay too cute. I like the idea of reversible pants.

It looks like you have a blooming sewer there.

Pam said...

All the sewing projects are so cute. Love the p.j.s and that cute little "designer" outfit. Also that looks like a great swap. I haven't been in any swaps lately since I've been busy with granddaughters and "life".

I think my granddaughters might like to make p.j.s. Did you have a pattern or did you make one?

Pat said...

Oh, my gosh...you always make the BEST stuff. I don't know how you do it...and 99.9% of the time with no pattern!!! Thanks for sharing your photos with us!