Sunday, February 28, 2010

Making up for lost time.....

The nasty flu cost me five days of doing nothing...I have been on a creative tear and got all my February projects done....It felt so good to be upstairs puttering that I could hardly contain myself...once again, my cheeks hurt from smiling.
My first project was the Nature Journal Round Robin....This little piece is for Corrie and it is only 4x4....it is called ladybird, ladybug....




I had fun playing with the primary colors and bringing my inner kid out to play.
Then I worked on my Enchanted Ornaments for a year swap...This month the theme was fairies...My partner is Natalie in Australia and I have a feeling she likes angels more than fairies so I made a button fairy and a couple of angel glass ornaments too.......here is the button fairy...


also shown is a little paper mache" star I painted just for fun....the button fairy was pretty easy. There are a lot of tutorials if you google it.
The angel ornaments are printed vellum manipulated into clear glass balls and then ribbons made into bows on top...I like these a lot and will be making more.....maybe with vintage babies....Andrew is my model. I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures without him.



I also worked on my row for the round robin row quilt. My theme is stars and I got the row done and when I took the picture I noticed I have a star block that isn't a star......good grief...so later today I am going to fix it and then I will post it. This will be my first row quilt swap so I am kind of excited to see how it all turns out.....
Last night we went with my daughter and grand kids to the rodeo. It was really fun taking them. We all enjoyed it and I got a picture of little Trace eating his first cotton candy....it was so cute. The first day we were in Hawaii he was in the hospital with a virus called RSV.....he was there for a week and I am happy to say he is all better and putting on the two pounds he lost....I worried a lot about him....



This morning I went upstairs and whipped up this little sewing machine cover for my bernina baby......I wanted to make something with gussets for practice. I have to do
a sofa cover for the Tumbleweed (vintage trailer) and the cushions have gussets....it really wasn't hard, just a little patience on the corners and I was ok....I used the some of the fabric I bought in Hawaii at Fabric mart.....it turned out cute....



it actually has felt like Spring here the last few days...I am so excited and hope it lasts...We are going to take the motorcycle out in a little while...We also talked about what to put in our garden....I cant wait, I cant wait!

13 comments:

Needled Mom said...

You have been making up for lost time. Wow! Glad you are feeling better.

That RSV is nasty stuff. We had two grandkids in the hospital with it a few years back.

Pat said...

I have heard a lot about RSV in recent years....but never heard of it when my own kids were little. It does seem to hit the kiddies hard when they get it. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better now.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I bet those 5 days felt like forever! My nephew had RSV and ended up in the hospital a few years back. Scary stuff.

Love all your little projects. Are you worried about the glass balls making it safely to Australia? No matter how secure I think my package is, I always worry.

Did you see that we are partners this month? WooHoo!!

Laurie said...

I'm glad both you and the little guy are doing better! Ugh, we are nowhere near Spring here...

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Looks like you made a strong comeback! Way to go!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

LOVE your new soring background! And glad both you & the baby are better.
Great cover for the sewing machine! Just "whipped it up" eh? Yiu are soo good :-)

Trudy said...

I am so thrilled that you are joining The Artistic Mother's Group.
We will be allowing two weeks for each project. But if you get behind, please don't worry. Just keep working a little each day. The whole point of this group is to develop the habit of doing art each day. It is also so we can encourage one another and be an accountability group. I personally need the accountability part of it. Knowing that others are coming to see what I'm up to is very motivational; otherwise, I may not finish it on my own. Some projects may be easier for you than others and may allow you to catch up. But if you don't, don't get discouraged. Just keep on going. This is a low pressure group. I want everyone to have fun and also enjoy visiting one another.
And please do a blog post about your participation in the group inviting others to join. Please give a link to my blog for those who may wish to join so they can come here and get the details and sign in. I am keeping a master list of all participants.

Each week do a post of your progress as you go through the book. Please either include links to the other participants in your posts each week or keep them posted in your side bar or you can give the link to my blog in each progress post stating that the master list is on my blog that way everyone can click around and visit all of the other participants' blogs and see everyone's progress for encouragement, inspiration and to encourage.

A real easy way to do the linking would be to have a separate blog list from your main one labeled The Artistic Mother Group and keep all of the participants on that list on your sidebar. Then you don't have to put the links in every progress post. That's what I'm going to do. Each progress post I make, at the end of the post, I will list any new participants. So please check my blog each week for the new comers so you can update your participants' list.

Other things to be doing before we get started: Buy the book if you haven't already, start reading it, start gathering a stash of papers: newspapers, magazines, flyers, ticket stubs, scrap booking stickers, etc., to be used in future projects. The first project will have us making background papers.

I am signing up as follower and putting you on my blog list so I can know when you post, and I am adding your name to the list right now.

Again, I am so glad you could join us. See you on March 6th, our launch date.

Trudy
http://artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com/2010/02/new-artistic-mother-group-forming-i.html
Note: Due to copyright laws, we are not allowed to do tutorials or step-by-step photos of the projects on our blogs or take photos of the pages in the book and post them. You may post a photo of your version of the project and talk about your experiences and feelings relating to it.

Also, if you are doing this project with a friend, each person must have their book unless you are doing it together under the same roof. No photocopying of the book, please.

Janean said...

looks like you've got your "creativity on!"

Debby said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better and back creating so many beautiful things.
Debby

Nat Palaskas said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and being creative again. Thanks for dropped by my blog and left me nice comments. I've signed up to follow your blog now so I know what you are upto - Hugs Nat

SewCalGal said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I fear I'm in the start up of your 5 day cycle. Not very productive right now. But your post has certainly inspired me.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Yarni Gras! said...

your work is always so lovely! I love the word 'create' on your sewing machine cover....it is so YOU!!!!