Friday, December 4, 2009

It is starting to feel like Christmas.....

The last few days have been super busy around here...Mainly because I have had little Jace for the last three days...I spend most of my time laughing and chasing him around. He is really, really busy and boy, it is hard to get things done. I did get to the unpacking and laundry. He is fascinated by magnets so I got him a package of magnet letters and then gave him a cookie sheet to stick them on and it keeps him busy for quite a while. I put up a little pink tree in the guest bedroom and he saw the silver balls and he about went nuts...They look like glass but they are plastic so he had one in each hand...I love this little pink tree! I even put pink perfumes around the bottom just for fun...


On our trip, I didn't take many pictures....I am regretting it now. We went to so many places that I got overwhelmed and most of the time the camera was in the car in its case. I took none of the kids which is really sad. Olivia and Andrew just ran for me when they saw me and when we were together they both were in my lap. The great news is they are moving here with mom and the baby in March. She is looking for a new start and I am more than happy to help. The really hard part was leaving them...All three of us cried and it was especially hard on Olivia.
Here is the stupid thing...I took pictures of mushrooms in Don's sons yard....Yes, they are really pretty and I like them, but these are the only pictures I took...go figure. I think I had mushrooms on the brain because of the Enchanted woodland swap or something. Plus, I had never seen these growing before...





Today we hung outside lights and got a space cleared for the tree. We are going to put it up tomorrow. For the first time in a long time, I am looking forward to and enjoying the holiday season. It is a good feeling and once again I am feeling GRATEFUL! I made my pink ornament for the "jingle for the cure" but have'nt taken a picture yet...I have been making Christmas pillows and block ornaments.....The block ornaments are super easy...wood blocks painted, scrapbook paper and printed black and white paper all mod podged on....I love them and they don't cost anything...I have all the stuff!



I haven't done any shopping, but I am doing it all online and having it sent out, so no sweat there....What a change from last year!

6 comments:

Pat said...

I'm glad things are looking up for you now!

roc said...

happy to hear your family will be nearer to you. i bet you are excited about that! love that little kitten. TOO cute! i haven't done any xmas shopping either. i did manage to make one gift but that's it. what am i waiting for??? oh..the pressure of it all.

Pam said...

The pink tree is great. Wish I had one. Glad your family will be together in the Spring. It's so nice to have the little ones around.

Jenny said...

The pink tree is great. Glad everyone is going to be closer. How fun for everyone!

Quiltingranny said...

i just love the mushrooms how very cool they are!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.