Friday, November 21, 2008

mommy and me swap package......











Olivia and I got our aprons from Shawnee who hosted the Mommy and Me apron swap....They are so sweet and Olivia is beyond thrilled. I mentioned that we bake as a family for Christmas so for some extra goodies she sent baking supplies for Liv. A rolling pin, cookie cutters, Christmas bags, plates and napkins and a kids activity book and a cookbook. Andrew and Daniel were right there every time she unwrapped one of these goodies and they all were ready to go bake Christmas cookies...and I mean that second. I have some antique red handled rolling pins, so I let them all roll out slices of bread and then use the cookie cutters on the pieces. They made a huge mess but it was pretty fun to watch. The aprons are really fun with all the trim and flounces and they are pinafore style which I love. I am pretty sure that they were a whole lot of work to make but they are loved, so thank you so much Shawnee and little Miss T. Tonight I also put together my own pink charm bracelet. Something I have never done...I added some silver balls to make it really full. I came upstairs and there was Liv with her eyes glittering and they were right on my bracelet. If you look in the rolling pin picture it is on her wrist. She is planning on wearing it on Thanksgiving to show to her Aunt Cinda. I was looking at my favorite quilting blogs today and I really miss quilting. I don't have any swaps anymore so I need to go down and dig thru some bins and make some blocks and finish a couple of quilts whose tops are done. Quilting is still my favorite crafty thing but you wouldn't know it lately...One funny story about Andrew...He got a new box of crayons from a friend of mine, and he was thrilled. He knows to only use paper to draw or color on so I expected him to ask for paper. He sat down on the rug , took each color crayon out and made a pile on the floor and opened all the flaps on the box. The box then went on his forearm and has been there every since. He has had it on his arm since yesterday morning. It is his robot arm. At one point it ripped and I taped it all up. I love that the three kids have good imaginations and dont rely on video games to be entertained.....

7 comments:

ScaryCheri said...

lmao on the crayon box bracelt. Trevin and him would get along so good. Trevin will color if I will help. We did a turkey sheet for the bank and he did really well for not being able to figure out how to hold the crayon. He has a bout 5 ways to hold them, lol. And he got soooo mad when he went outside the lines that he almost quit. Until I did too. Then it was ok, lol. I adore the bracelet. How gorgeous. And who wouldn't want to bake in aprons like that? Oh my. Arianna and i have been making little ornaments. The match box she made is for Olivia, shhhh. Her mom's b/f brought me over a huge case with clay poker chips in it and i am sending you some so you can play too. They are so addictive. Since we missed Halloween I thought we could do a Christmas swap for the girls if that works for you and Olivia?
My computer crashed and I can't email you by the link in your profile and I don't have your email address for some reason so having to post my emails here, sorry, lol. I am posting the rest of what we have been up to on my blog so I won't fill this comment up so others have to read it too if they don't want to, lol. I do get windy at times, smile. I still don't have your book done, shame on me. I got started on the ornaments and between grandkids and not feeling well and studying for the hazmat, doubles/triples and tanker endorsements I am having to add to my CDL license for my new job I just can't get focused on any one thing it seems. Visit my blog and I can bore you some more, hee hee. And if you have time send me an email scarycheri02@yahoo.com so I can add your email address ok? Hugz, Scary

Heather Robinson said...

Hello, sweet Melinda! Love this post with the matching aprons and all of your goings on. So sorry to be late with your pages. I'm inspired to work with fabric though...because it is for talented you! We'll see! Sure hope you get back quilting. Big hugs...thinking of you...

JennaLouiseCreates said...

Hi Melinda what sweet aprons. They are very cute. Oh how I love both bracelets:) Kids have such wonderful imaginations and it's great that they don't need video games to be entertained. It so wonderful to see you post and I hope you can get into some quilting again. Blessings to you and your family, Jenna Louise

Fannie said...

Sweet post. Lovely aprons.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Hey Melinda! I have given you an award, if you have time check it out on my blog. :D Marva

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

~*Hi Melinda!*~
Your lovely charms have arrived!
They are pretty cool.
(The bunch of dried flowers you sent *totally* fell apart in the pouch though and now I have to clean off each individual charm pouch before I swap. Just a heads up I'm just mentioning it in case you plan on mailing out gifts to others with the dried flowers.
I LOVE your bracelet! That is pretty nice looking!
Wishing you a FUN week!

Amber

Sherry said...

I love the aprons from Shawnee and the one you made for Olivia and her bear are so cute! I can't wait to buy a copy of the magazine when it comes out!! I can say I know somebody famous!! You deserve it and I'm so proud of you!

I'm glad you and the kids had a great holiday. The kids look so happy!

I'll try to get by more often, I've been swamped and not on line much lately.

Sherry