Wednesday, March 19, 2008

This winter has almost killed me!







Holy crap is what I have to say about that! I am recovering again from pneumonia and tonsillitis and am kind of hopeful that this is it until next winter when I am going to get every preventative shot known to the medical community! It is all those first grade germs Olivia brings home I am sure.....In between my royal patheticness (not sure if this is a word but I like it anyway) we have been selling girl scout cookies, I have been volunteering as an art teacher at her school and I have been sewing off and on. It just has depended on whether I can get out of bed that day. My cherry trees have buds and I know the warm weather is right around the corner....and by the way, Why is Easter so darn early this year????? I thought I had all this time! Wrong! I need to go to the big city (haha) of Oak Harbor and make an Easter Bunny run......As far as what I have been sewing....I made four big pillows for my couch out of dupioni silk and hand dyed batiks and I have been putting together my shophop quilt and embroidering the names of all the towns on the blocks...It is a big quilt and really bright and fun. I tried to stick with primary colors when making the different blocks. There are some mistakes, I am not using a pattern, just making it up as I go, but I think the charm it has will overrule the boo- boo's....that is me, always the optimist. Andrew, as always has been my little helper....He puts pins back in the pincushion and lays on the quilt blocks with cooper....We have been doing a lot of reading. I read and he talks to me the whole time......I just finished "The Kiterunner"...man, what a book! We are talking heartstrings here...I was surprised a lot at the twists and turns and I read so much that I very seldom am....well, the couch is calling so good night for now!

5 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Despite all the germs I'm relieved to see you're still alive and creating!! Even if you sometimes feel you're not!!
Hope you get some time to relax over the Easter break :)

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Melinda - I love your pillows! And your quilt is wonderful!!!! We'll have to trade fabric pages one of these days when you have some free time. :) Marva

Anonymous said...

Love the baby chick! It's not fair, germs and kids, they get a runny nose and keep on going and we get the worst of it. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

ScaryCheri said...

ahhhhh ha there it is. Awesome Melinda. That ruler material really frames that square so well. I love the princesses jumper. That fabric is gorgeous. Cute story about her bow too, lol. What a ham huh? Liv reminds me so much of Arianna(6). Even down to the missing teeth. Love all your new art. The idea of the quilts with matching bibs is a good idea. Good luck with them on etsy. Hugz, Scary