Friday, December 7, 2007

I hate sewing fake fur!!!!!!







Stacie wanted a fake fur coat for Christmas so I decided to jump on this one, Miss talented sewer that I am! Wrong! This was a giant pain in my bazooka I am telling you! I knew it stretched, but I did not know that it GROWS and GROWS....it turns into the big brown fur blob...I also cut the sleeves off too short which resulted in the different colored fur cuffs but I think that was a happy accident. I would say I am furred' out, but now Olivia wants one. The good news is, I learned a lot from my mistakes and the next one will probably have a whole new set of mistakes...Things are pretty quiet around here...Mainly because Daniel, my eight year old grandson has had a sore throat! Haha! I asked him how he was today and he said " a little good." Why a little good? Well, cause it's better than saying a lot bad..Mr optimism himself. I am also posting a picture of a couple of ornament Atc's for a swap on one of my groups...I think they look like little shopping bags. Well, guess that is all from Melinda's house of chaos tonight! HO_HO_HO!

2 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

You may hate sewing the fake fur, but looks like you've made a great coat!! I think the contrast cuffs are the perfect designer touch. No wonder Olivia wants one too :)

turningwheelfarm said...

Looks amazing! I am impressed you tackled a coat and succeeded even if it was a bit of a pain. Love the ornaments too. I haven't made too many holiday things this year but it's fun seeing other people's things.