Saturday, September 22, 2007

altered pages for other peoples books...




I worked all night on a layout for one of my "Color me silly" members...It is for Else and her theme is the ocean. There are twelve us all together and we have decided to do a round two after we are finished. I only have two more books to work in, and then my part is done. I know that I have grown incredibly doing this. i had never done an altered book before, so the intimidation factor was huge! I also started doing different things and using different mediums. I am most comfortable with fabric and thread but I actually ventured more into drawing and paint. I have really had fun with this project and of course, i cant wait to get my book back and see all the pretty pages! I also have to figure out a way to assemble it, but more on that later....These books are fantabulous....It seems like they just get better and better which is hard to imagine even being possible! I finished the Ocean' spread but was too lazy to take a picture! Can you believe it? The only reason I am on here now, is because I cant sleep...Anyway, my book is currently lost in Canadian customs somewhere so hopefully, it will turn up soon...I am posting the very first altered book layout I did in Penny's horse themed book....I like it a lot, and it brings back good memories for me....My dad, mom, sister and I went to Portland one weekend when I was a kid and we went to an old theater and saw "National Velvet"...at first we complained about seeing and "old movie" and of course, once we saw it, we both wanted a horse and to be jockeys......I Loved this movie!!!!I used to dream about having my own horse....and no the plastic horses for my barbies did not count darn it!


Angela tagged me for a spell out your name thing...I have never been tagged before so I am willing to try....


M is for mindless....how I feel in the mornings lately with all these kids running around....


E is for exhausted...again with all the kids running around! haha...


L is for love...I am such a romantic at heart though if you knew me you probably wouldn't guess this..I keep it hidden


I is for intelligence which I try to show by mostly keeping my mouth closed..


N is for naps which I dearly love and treasure


D is for daring...you know to this day, I have trouble turning down a dare...I know I shouldn't say this cause someone will dare me something stupid and I will feel compelled to do it...I am going to change it to drama queen which I sadly admit I am......


A is for achievement....i love getting things done and achieving my goals...especially since it happens so seldom despite my best intentions......




Ta..da.......I now tag Miss Marva and Miss Judy Spencer. we want to know all about you two!

4 comments:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Melinda - your pages are awesome! I would love to see all of them! :) Marva

Helen in the UK said...

I couldn't get a good view of the ocean page, but love the national velvet one :)

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

LOL Melinda, so many of my things never get onto my blog because I can't be bothered to take the photos - or I take the photos but then can't be bothered to edit them...

Your page looks lovely and I really like your postcard further down too.

Heather Robinson said...

Oh, Melinda....I am so lucky to get to see this spread in person in a couple of months. It is stunning! Can you believe we are almost finished?? I have grown incredibly as well...my first too!